Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2017, 05:54 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Q system seems to be gone from Bic Camera Shinjuku

Yesterday I visited Bic Camera in Shinjuku. That's one of the largest camera retailers in Japan.

Last year the complete Q system (body and lenses) was on display, but it seems to be gone. Actually, in one of more obscure glass-doored shelves in the back, there's a funky mosaic-colored Q10(?) with a lens without any explanation/price/whatsoever but that's so apparently not for sale.

Not really unexpected but sad nevertheless

Added later:
On the same trip I also went to Ricoh Imaging Square Shinjuku (my post in Photographic Industry forum) and they're still displaying Q-S1.
But it seems like they're selling off Q accessories in their outlet section. In this picture, everything on the right 2/3 of the table is for Q series except for the things on translucent trays.

Last edited by kwb; 12-09-2017 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Added a picture of Ricoh Imaging Square Shinjuku
12-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What was the presence of the GRII?

Wondering if we're seeing prep for some new product.
12-09-2017, 10:18 PM   #3
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by clickclick Quote
What was the presence of the GRII?

Wondering if we're seeing prep for some new product.
GRII is still on display, and they had them in stock.
12-10-2017, 07:23 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

GR II's are still out of stock here at B&H, but back in at Adorama. Been watching for awhile.

04-09-2018, 06:01 PM   #5
Pentaxian

I’m in Tokyo this week. Anywhere to get Q accessories on clearance?
04-09-2018, 06:06 PM - 2 Likes   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by 2old4toys Quote
I’m in Tokyo this week. Anywhere to get Q accessories on clearance?
try MapCamera in shinjuku.
04-14-2018, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

At the Ricoh Imaging Square Shinjuku just today. Very glad I went. Great to see a QS-1 and full compliment of Q mount lenses on display. Picked up a branded official neoprene case that fits my QS-1 with 06 lens perfectly and at a pinch, even with the Tiny Manfrotto MP1 mini stand mounted on the body! Just ¥500. Also bought a leather (-like) half case and strap set for Q10 similarly at a bargain ¥500. There were other bits and bobs but these were all I wanted that were Q related.

MapCamera was a bust regards bargain hunting but they did have Q mount lenses to buy though no Q series bodies.

04-15-2018, 10:03 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

Some images of the Pentax Q lens and accessories display at the Pentax place at Sinjuku.

I am running out of forum photo upload storage quota, so attached a google photo album link instead. Not sure how to show google photos displayed in-line for a forum post.

One image was taken at the Akiba Bic Camera. Give an idea of the prices in Tokyo stores April 2018. They had a full selection of lenses and hoods, K to Q adaptor, tripod foot for said adaptor, optical viewfinder... I picked up a black rim Pentax branded 40.5mm CPL.

Shared album - 2old 4toys - Google Photos

Last edited by 2old4toys; 04-15-2018 at 10:25 PM.