Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-20-2018, 04:09 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Cipher Quote
I've never thought that was an important factor in photography.
Just to clarify... You never thought that the way camera consumers use their equipment is important to people who develop cameras? Sounds like a pile of sh*te to me

03-20-2018, 09:18 PM - 2 Likes   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wonderful little review. Thank you very much for your work on this one and thanks for posting it here for us to enjoy.

My Q (and Q7) are my favorite digital cameras and I pack it around a lot. Of course saying you "pack it around" is a bit disingenous since I don't think carrying this little thing can be considered packing.

One other thing. I almost never use zoom lenses on any other camera...except for the Q. The little 01 prime lens is a terrific lens but the zooms are very convenient and I really am impressed with their image quality.
03-21-2018, 07:14 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
The little 01 prime lens is a terrific lens but ...
I'm still a fan. Seeing this thread prompted me to get out my "backup body" (original white Q) with the 01 and carry it for a couple of days. What a fine little tool to shoot with. Photography is a chain of things - subject, equipment, photographer, serendipity - and what works best is a sort of empirical exercise I guess. Though I'm with you regarding at least the 02 zoom (esp. with the larger sensor Q7) which has been really satisfying on a couple of trips. I'm not interested in long focal lengths so won't likely ever get an 06; there may be an 08 in my future sometime, no hurry.
03-21-2018, 10:15 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
I'm still a fan. Seeing this thread prompted me to get out my "backup body" (original white Q) with the 01 and carry it for a couple of days. What a fine little tool to shoot with. Photography is a chain of things - subject, equipment, photographer, serendipity - and what works best is a sort of empirical exercise I guess. Though I'm with you regarding at least the 02 zoom (esp. with the larger sensor Q7) which has been really satisfying on a couple of trips. I'm not interested in long focal lengths so won't likely ever get an 06; there may be an 08 in my future sometime, no hurry.
I didn't really mean to give the impression that I don't use the 01 prime any longer, I do. In fact I can walk around for days with that little prime and the little Pentax external viewfinder and not feel limited in any way. But there are also times when one of those zooms comes in very handy, which I guess for me is kind of an odd feeling.

I am not usually an early adopter of equipment and often wait for years before buying a camera or lens. This was not true of the Q. I had been waiting for a tiny little interchangeable lens camera for years and I think I would have bought one from almost any manufacturer who produced one. Since it was Pentax I had my order in at BHPhoto on the day the pre-order window opened. I have never once been sorry I bought that camera and though I do own the Q7 (which I use a lot as well) my first love is still that original little black brick. I hope it never dies but if it does, I will replace it immediately.

Enjoy the light!

03-23-2018, 06:09 AM   #20

Sold, pentax Q7 w/ 02, 06 otw...
03-23-2018, 06:40 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have the Q. QS1 and MX-1 and GX200. Love the Q/QS1 the best/
03-24-2018, 06:39 PM - 1 Like   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by toodas Quote
I saw the video today, and it really make me miss my Qs1 more than usual. I am backpacking since 2 years, and I have only bring my K3 with few lenses with me but sometimes I really hope I had my Qs1, but even if it small, I couldn't afford to take 2 cameras.
I hope more people come to the Q system with this video, and that Ricoh get the message. Please, keep it alive!
When I was traveling and could bring only one system with me, I brought the Q-7 .... and left the K-30 at home.