Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2018, 01:26 PM - 3 Likes   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Because I am a Pentaxian, if anything ever happened to me, my husband has said that Pentax will always remind him of me.

Over the years he has enjoyed what I collected, the places I shot, the images I have created, the adventures I've had around my Pentax cameras.

We've had so many experiences around Pentax cameras.

There is no way to separate Pentax from how my husband thinks of me.

There is WAY too much I have done in life where Pentax has been by my side.

03-23-2018, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
She doesn't care !!
As long as she can use a camera: point, compose, shoot ... that's about it, no matter what I would be using as a brand.
03-23-2018, 02:15 PM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

When we got married I was a Canon 5D user and my wife a Pentax film user. She refused to use a dSLR, because she thought it wouldn't shoot manually which she does. When I decided to switch to something smaller & lighter I did a lot of research and ended up going to Pentax, but it had nothing to do with my wife using a Pentax, I just thought Pentax was the best choice for me.
03-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm sure my wife is rather bemused with my interest in 1970's film cameras - including Pentax - and collection thereof.

My wife had a Pentax K1000 for a Photo 101 course in college.
She claimed it had been stolen before we met, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, I replaced it for her as a gift before we were married.

I was a Nikon user. Later I was drawn into the Pentax fold.
IIRC my justification was that we could share lenses.

She still likes her old K1000, but can't see the dials without reading glasses, so it sits unused.
I recently had it CLA'ed by Eric in hopes our 22 year-old daughter will think a K1000 is "hip enough".

I recently bought my wife a DSLR, a used Pentax K10D. I hope the learning curve is not too steep...

Chris

03-24-2018, 07:16 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Meanwhile, he snaps any and all photos with his smart phone and has no interest in holding a camera - especially not one of my "big, expensive" ones.
Knowing your enthusiasm for the Ricoh Theta, I almost wet myself laughing when I read that line.
03-24-2018, 01:01 PM - 1 Like   #36
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My wife likes the pictures coming out of my Q7. She probably knows that it's a Pentax, but doesn't care.

She still misses the simplicity of her Olympus miu 2 from film days (but I don't know if she knows that it was Olympus), she doesn't enjoy taking pictures using her digital P&S and cellphone.
03-24-2018, 03:04 PM - 1 Like   #37
Pentaxian

My wife is the main reason we stayed with Pentax rather than going to Nikon. At the time she got her first dslr I worked at a 0 lace where we shot Nikon plus had a huge number of Nikkor lenses for the high speed cameras but we had started with Spotmatic F the Sf1 and she wanted to stay with Pentax. She would still be using the K10D if she hadn't broken 8t in Havana and since then she has a K5 with no interest in upgrading. She would rather have another pinhole camera than a new digital camera.

She occasionally also shoots large format and Hasselblad but usually prefers Holgas and Dianas.

I process her film and she prints my colour digital images however she is fully capable of developing and printing in the darkroom when she wants.

She is much finer with me buying gear than selling it too. She might be a keeper, her 50 year probationary period is up in 2025.

03-24-2018, 03:15 PM - 2 Likes   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My wife's view of Pentax

My wife loves our magic lens, more formally known as Pentax-FA 77mm f 1.8 limited, and will always stick with Pentax if I let her use the magic lens while I select something else, so I trick her and use 645Z with D FA 90mm, which has its own magic.
03-29-2018, 08:48 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Forum Member

My better half says Pentax OK but, if you bring home a Canon you will be sleeping in the garage. She's and ex-pro wedding photographer and love's the Q's.
03-30-2018, 04:48 AM   #40
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Because I am a Pentaxian, if anything ever happened to me, my husband has said that Pentax will always remind him of me.

Over the years he has enjoyed what I collected, the places I shot, the images I have created, the adventures I've had around my Pentax cameras.

We've had so many experiences around Pentax cameras.

There is no way to separate Pentax from how my husband thinks of me.

There is WAY too much I have done in life where Pentax has been by my side.
That is almost poetic. Thanks for this
03-31-2018, 09:15 AM - 1 Like   #41
Forum Member

As a married gay couple. (TMI) Double income no kids household. We both enjoy camera gear. He's more of a video guy so he loves his two GH4. He's not really a Pentax fan at all in fact he really dislikes it. MY Q-S1 image are not as nice as his GH4 and my KS2 and KP video are not anywhere close to his GH4. He feels Pentax is outdated. Having Two lens mounts in one house gets expensive. We did by an adaptor for pentax to panasonic. I often find my 100mm macro in his camera bag.
As Pentax seems to be disappearing more and more from the Canadian market place, zero support in Canada, my husband dislikes the brand even more and Im starting to feel the same. I keep saying I want to jump ship to Fuji but he keeps saying "No keep what you have" to much invested at this point. I said maybe I should buy an Olympus next so we can have one lens mount in the house that didn't work either.

We do both enjoy the Ricoh Theta360. we have both the original and ThetaS. He kind of wants the V for 4k (not that its true 4K) We both hope Ricoh will continue to develop the 360 camera.
I believe the KP may be my last Pentax.
03-31-2018, 07:07 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by northislander Quote
As a married gay couple. (TMI).
Love is never TMI. Period.
Congrats!

03-31-2018, 09:07 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Northislander, but his Pana won't match the equivalent year Pentax APSc or FF for still image quality. Have to decide which is more important to you, viddy or stills. Also have to look at which camera is the most enjoyable to use.
Thanks,
barondla
04-01-2018, 02:53 AM - 2 Likes   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My wife likes Pentax as much as I do. Particularly the FA 77 and the DFA 70-200. I think the big thing is that she is not techie at all. For her photography is more about composition and not about learning all sorts of weird settings and controls on cameras. Picking up a different camera system that does things differently from Pentax is not enjoyable to her as it gets in the way of her process. But Pentax keeps things enough the same from body to body that you can just pick up a K-1 after shooting with a K3 and know how to run the camera with minimal time invested in the manual.