Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
03-03-2019, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #31
Unregistered User

That is great, and a good price too.

I'd be tempted if i didn't already have two fish-eyes.

03-03-2019, 10:09 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 2old4toys Quote
The store I bought it from mislabeled the Fujinon 1.4mm F1.8 as a CS, Fujinon 1.4mm f/1.8 Fisheye lens CS Mount DF1.4HB-L1 - Ideal for All Sky Camera but to my delight it’s actually a C mount lens! Simply mounted it with the same inexpensive one piece C to PQ adaptor as I already used for my Funjinon 2.7mm F1.8. I can even employ the same rubber O-ring as a variable thickness shim for re-focusing from zero to infinity! Outwardly the dimensions match the 2.7mm F1.8. Without the labels, you could not tell them apart. The sturdy plastic lens cap came as a bonus that fits my 2.7mm F1.8 lens too! I wish I had spare. The accompanying simple rear cap is nothing to write home about but appreciated still.

Confirmed my suspicions that it’s a full circular fisheye image on a Q-S1 (what I wanted), and a gives a cropped-circle image when pairing with my original Q. How much crop off the top and or bottom varies depending on the stabilization compensation and your C to PQ adaptor’s alignment.

Resolution I consider is still on par with the 5 MP 2.7mm F1.8. It also exhibits similar purple fringes in very high contrast situations but I am able to rein them in with a few sweeps of a finger via Snapseed, the sample below was cleaned up this way.

Field of view is certainly more than the 180,
I am not sure how to measure how wide exactly but I guess 190 or more.

If you want a fast fisheye that fills the frame on either the smaller or larger sensor Q’s without a black circle, the 2.7mm F1.8 is great.
If you are after the extreme look of a full circle super fisheye for the Q7 or Q-S1, this is a neat and perhaps at this moment, even unique proposition. £65 inclusive of postage within the UK, is not outrageous IMO.

Funjinon 2.7mm F1.8

Funjinon 1.4mm F1.8

What do you think?
Cool find. Image quality is nice. Tempting, but the few times I need circular images, will just use the other Fuji on the Olympus m4/3.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla