04-27-2018, 10:45 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Superb as always
04-28-2018, 08:42 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
SMASHING! Good work with the mighty Q-cam, as always.
04-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks, Heinrich, for sharing with us!

04-28-2018, 09:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Superb clicks.. took me back to my Calgary memories..Thanks for sharing!
04-28-2018, 10:30 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Really nice photos. I had always wanted to go to Lake Louise as my mom had mentioned it several times. A few years back I got there in late May and much of the lake was still frozen over but the trail up the right side of the lake was open and I hiked to the top of the lake - chipmunks were already out begging for handouts.

I returned several years later with my cousin and his wife. She wanted to stay a bit but he grew disinterested in a few minutes so we left. I wanted them to travel with me to Jasper but he wanted to "get on the road home" so I drove with them to Golden where his wife discovered she left her cell phone at Dead Man Flats near Banff but they didn't want to backtrack for it so left from there. I broke off and returned to get the phone (without telling them) and dropped it in the mail and then headed to Jasper - they really missed some great scenery and a wonderful trip. Had lunch in Jasper, returned through Golden and got to Radium in time for the mountain sheep walk through town. I just don't understand some people who miss all the greatness of the land and spend all their time worrying about getting to the next stop without "taking in the roses".

Your pictures help you take home some of those memories and share with others - much to be lauded. Many thanks!!

Oh, and when we went through Banff, I was going to buy a nice lunch at one of the upscale restaurants for my cousin and his wife but they opted for a food court in a basement business complex and ended up with junk food (Wok King for me)

Hope to return and do the Jasper to Vancouver trip some day.
04-29-2018, 09:05 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you one and all for the kind remarks, it is appreciated. Bob256: I really enjoyed the story, thank you.

04-30-2018, 04:29 PM   #8
Forum Member

Heinrich, love the fotos, I'm jealous of them. What a beautiful area to live in.
---How are your macro auto-extension tubes doing? I picked up a set and found I have to treat them delicately. They work but not that really well made. But..for the price can't complain too much.
Regards,
George