Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
05-29-2018, 11:46 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
I've used the Lensbaby pinhole optic PK with adapter on the Q. Abbazz describes the results perfectly. The shots will be very fuzzy or moody depending on your outlook.

Thanks,
barondla
Curious were your results from the adapted lensbaby pinhole on Q similar to mine with the Holga pinhole?
Could not be worse.
Interesting to see that if the pinhole is positioned closer to the sensor, you get a wider angle of view. Hence the wide-pinhole models that are out there... wonder if I can push this Holga’s pinhole further back and how that would look...

06-19-2018, 06:43 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Original Poster
With some effort managed to open up the Holga Pinhole and make it into a “Wide-Pinhole”

I was correct that it was glued shut!

Now I have confirmed a pinhole results for Q is pretty blurry beyond being useful to me for image capturing, regardless of the angle of view... I can go on to canibalise the plastic Q mount lens body and it’s focusing ring. For example, install the Pentax 07 Shield Mount lens element to gain manual focus powers perhaps?
Holga pin hole for Pentax Q HLP-PQ for more images how to disassemble the Pinhole Holga...

Last edited by 2old4toys; 06-19-2018 at 07:16 AM.
06-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool tear down 2old4toys. A helicoid in Q mount is a worthwhile addition to the system. They sure used a lot of glue! That pin hole doesn't look very well formed. The Lensbaby uses a precision printed black ink on a clear surface. Still not sharp.

So does your chopped lens body have less extension than the shortest macro tube you bought? Pentax made a helicoid extension tube for K mount.

Holga should have left the pinhole a zoom!

Thanks,
barondla