Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2018, 01:40 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do any ever ready cases fit the Q7?

Often carry the original Q/01 in a leather ever ready case. Protects the camera and allows it to slide out of a pocket easily. Decided to carry Q7 in the same case. Nope! Doesn't fit well. The ends are too tight without forcing the case on. Then the case warps. So anyone find an ever ready case that fits the larger Q bodies?

Thanks,
barondla

08-29-2018, 01:50 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have a couple of Megagear ever ready cases which I used with Q7. I no longer havethe camera so I cannot check but i remember I got it after the Q cases I had did not work. Lens used is also a factor. I think I bought on amazon but it might have been Ebay.
08-29-2018, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #3
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Often carry the original Q/01 in a leather ever ready case. Protects the camera and allows it to slide out of a pocket easily. Decided to carry Q7 in the same case. Nope! Doesn't fit well. The ends are too tight without forcing the case on. Then the case warps. So anyone find an ever ready case that fits the larger Q bodies?

Thanks,
barondla
I didn't know that the exterior dimension of Q and Q7 are different in any meaningful manner, thanks for the information. I guess genuine Pentax OEM case "for Q10/Q7" should work, though it looks too big for 01 lens.
Q7/Q10???????????????? O-CC133?????: ???????? | RICOH IMAGING

Google for O-CC133 if interested, you can still buy it but shipping from Japan probably costs as much as the case itself.
08-29-2018, 02:12 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes, the nifty little faux leather case Pentax sold for the Q was just a tad tight on the Q7.

08-30-2018, 11:58 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Here's a pic of the Q7 in the bottom half of the ever ready case. Notice gap on right bottom side. It can be forced but then case bends in middle around tripod screw. Case starts to separate if forced too much.

Will check out the Pentax Q case referred to in the posts above. Amazing the sewing can be so accurate on these cases.
Thanks,
barondla
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
08-30-2018, 01:22 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The case in your picture appears to be the one I referred to as the Pentax case which is too tight.. The Megagear cases are a bit larger.
08-30-2018, 01:41 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
The case in your picture appears to be the one I referred to as the Pentax case which is too tight.. The Megagear cases are a bit larger.
Yep, this is the original case. Will check out the Megagear and newer Pentax cases.
Thanks for the info,
barondla

08-30-2018, 01:44 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Yep, this is the original case. Will check out the Megagear and newer Pentax cases.
Thanks for the info,
barondla
I wish I could be more directly helpful by checking but I let my Q7 go and now only have the original Q although I have a couple of the Megagear cases. Hope you find something that works.