Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2019, 03:01 PM - 2 Likes   #46
Unregistered User

Just remove the outer three screws on the 03 mount and put a thin piece of tape on the under side of that mounting plate over the screw holes, re-insert the screws (the tape will hold the screws in place) and reassemble.

I used regular frosted tape and it got me down to about 1/2 inch from the front of the lens..

If the shim is too thick, you won't be able to attain infinity focus.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 05-15-2019 at 06:02 AM. Reason: typo
05-12-2019, 10:28 AM - 3 Likes   #47
Unregistered User

Update on Q pricing

Just picked up Q-7 kit for $300 from eBay:

Silver body, 01, 02 and 06!

All items as new, 1k shutter count, needed firmware updates on the body and the 02. Even had a polarizer thrown in.

Bargains can be found, just be patient. There seem to be a plethora of Q-10s from Japan on eBay, but there is usually a nice Q-7 or Q-S1 posted there every week.

Last edited by Unregistered User; 09-15-2019 at 07:14 AM. Reason: added info
05-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #48
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cipher Quote
Just picked up this Q-7 kit from eBay:

All items as new, 1k shutter count, needed firmware updates on the body and the 02. Even had a polarizer thrown in.

Bargains can be found, just be patient. There seem to be a plethora of Q-10s from Japan on eBay, but there is usually a nice Q-7 or Q-S1 posted there every week.
Nice kit! For that condition and the items included, that was a very good deal.
05-12-2019, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #49
Unregistered User

I had always wanted a silver Q7, it matches my Cosmicar lenses.

The seller said it came from his father-in-laws estate (yeah, right) but all the items looked like new.

Now I have doubles on the 06 and triples of the 01 and 02 and Q-7 bodies.

"The last camera I'll ever buy, " is what I told my wife.

05-12-2019, 02:54 PM - 2 Likes   #50
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I had always wanted a silver Q7, it matches my Cosmicar lenses.

The seller said it came from his father-in-laws estate (yeah, right) but all the items looked like new.

Now I have doubles on the 06 and triples of the 01 and 02 and Q-7 bodies.
Awesome You da "Q-man"

Aha..hahahahahaha... Sure it is
05-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #51
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's pretty nice Cipher!

A while ago I ordered a silver Q7 and 02 lens kit from KEH on Amazon at USD 219 before tax. I received a yellow one though, requested a replacement but turned out that yellow was listed as silver on Amazon (some kind of automatic listing problem), no silver in stock in the first place. KEH offered me an apology plus a full refund or 15% discount. Now I'm a happy owner of yellow Q7!
05-13-2019, 11:19 PM - 3 Likes   #52
Veteran Member

I agree with the sentiment expressed earlier that people who want one really want one. I'll add, however, that once you have one you never want to get rid of it.

I was lucky to be able to get the entire system with both Q and Q7 bodies during the sweet spot of pricing. There is something truly unique about the system that simply works in spite of the limitations, a Zen-like synchronicity to it; it becomes perfect at just the right time it needs to be so. The lenses are perfectly suited to the camera and you'll find yourself using the so-called "toy" lenses more often than you think. There is "just something about it" that is, dare I say, "inspiring", and that is exactly what good equipment does in any creative field

How inspiring? During a hurricane in Saint Augustine I was inspired to take a walk though the historic section at midnight with nothing more than the Q and Mount Shield Lens (07).

They're not art but the Q got me out when everyone was was inside hunkering down...

FWIW, these are all straight out of the camera with no processing.

05-14-2019, 06:16 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

And she'll never buy any more "shoes"

(and nice snag)
05-14-2019, 08:06 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MD Optofonik Quote
I agree with the sentiment expressed earlier that people who want one really want one. I'll add, however, that once you have one you never want to get rid of it.

I was lucky to be able to get the entire system with both Q and Q7 bodies during the sweet spot of pricing. There is something truly unique about the system that simply works in spite of the limitations, a Zen-like synchronicity to it; it becomes perfect at just the right time it needs to be so. The lenses are perfectly suited to the camera and you'll find yourself using the so-called "toy" lenses more often than you think. There is "just something about it" that is, dare I say, "inspiring", and that is exactly what good equipment does in any creative field

How inspiring? During a hurricane in Saint Augustine I was inspired to take a walk though the historic section at midnight with nothing more than the Q and Mount Shield Lens (07).

They're not art but the Q got me out when everyone was was inside hunkering down...

FWIW, these are all straight out of the camera with no processing.
Excellent images MD Optofonik. Very atmospheric. A photo walk with the Shield Mount lens, at midnight, in hurricane weather is darn courageous.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
05-15-2019, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #55
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Excellent images MD Optofonik. Very atmospheric. A photo walk with the Shield Mount lens, at midnight, in hurricane weather is darn courageous.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla
Honestly, the hurricane was more than a bit anti-climactic when taken in context. In St. Augustine the rain was steady but only occasionally sideways; when it did get bit heavy, doorways and my foul weather jacket kept me relatively dry.
05-25-2019, 09:47 PM - 1 Like   #56

Just like the Panasonic GM1

These discontinued small cameras are still sought after, especially since other similar cameras are slowly increasing in size with each model update. They get discontinued because they make excellent second cameras but not first cameras.
10-02-2019, 12:02 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Definitely priced high reflecting the quirkiness of the camera and the low production numbers
10-30-2019, 10:39 PM   #58
Veteran Member

Where are people finding these things? I keep checking RobertsCamera, KEH, Ebay. Most of the ones on ebay are from Japan. Not sure if buying from Japan is risky at all.
10-31-2019, 06:16 AM   #59
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
Where are people finding these things? I keep checking RobertsCamera, KEH, Ebay. Most of the ones on ebay are from Japan. Not sure if buying from Japan is risky at all.
I keep an eye on eBay. I've bought 4 or 5 lenses from Japan without any issues. Of course, look for positive feedback, but the shipping has been quick, and I have found the sellers to be responsive and helpful. Also, the few eBay claims I've had (U.S. sellers) were resolved quickly and to my satisfaction. If you use Paypal, I think you're in pretty good shape if the item is not as described.
10-31-2019, 09:19 AM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Lhorn Quote
As long as they have good enough feedback scores, there shouldn't be any risk involved. I've bought a couple of lenses from Japan without any issues.