Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 105 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2019, 08:48 AM - 1 Like   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I almost ordered an original Q this week, and I didn't have many options to choose from unless I wanted to order it from Japan... It's a pretty cool camera, and because it's sort of old (the first one especially), uncommon if not rare, and unique, it's been building a small cult following in its semi-after-life; I can see why the prices are not dismal. Maybe it will be enough to prompt ricoh for a new release at some point. The q-s1 was released only five years ago. To put that into perspective, the k-3ii has been released at about the same time and the official replacement is due next year. I'm not saying that I expect a new Q, just that the main gap for me is that the camera's out of production, not the age of the existing models.

11-02-2019, 08:57 AM - 2 Likes   #77
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I remain puzzled by the OP. I do not think that Qs or the lenses, except, perhaps, for the outstanding 08, are expensive at all.
If people think the Q's are just a toy/fad; then yes they are expensive. However, I see the Q as an amazing camera and the lenses also are pretty neat. The 08 is on my dream list.

Of course, when you buy a Q lens, paying a "large" amount, and you receive a tiny lens, perhaps some don't feel they got their money's worth.
11-03-2019, 10:00 AM - 2 Likes   #78
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
The 08 is on my dream list.
I recently snagged an 08 off Amazon for about $275 with free shipping. which is the lowest I've seen for a new one since I started looking (about spring before last, so almost 2 years). Not regretting it.
11-03-2019, 12:25 PM   #79
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you posted any photos here, with it?

11-03-2019, 05:45 PM - 1 Like   #80
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

This thread has made me rekindle my desire to get a Q. Always thought it seemed like an interesting camera.
11-03-2019, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

Not expensive at all given the frequency of use I have gotten out of it due to its small size to carry on trips TOGETHER with a handful of lenses. Barely an inconvenience. The 08 I finally managed to pick up used and glad I have it at hand. Worth it!
11-04-2019, 08:04 AM - 1 Like   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
Have you posted any photos here, with it?
No. Nothing I'd consider worth sharing. Been using it mostly for photos of fiberglass repair on a sailboat, but it's let me get some shots in tight spaces I couldn't get the framing I wanted with the 02 standard zoom. It's anything but art photography, but the QS-1 with this lens has been great to have for size and convenience in this role. The fun shots will come with time.