Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2018, 09:40 AM - 1 Like   #16
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That is an amazing video, sadly beyond my understanding & capability.

I actually like the flare from the moon, to me, it adds to the video.

11-01-2018, 01:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
Thanks. I have no problem with the command line so that won't be an issue, just the weather.
You probably already thought of this, but I also should have mentioned setting the camera to take lower-resolution JPGs -- at least that's what I did here. No need for full sensor resolution to feed video, and certainly no need for raw files! When taking almost a thousand shots in a session, might as well try to keep the data size manageable.

Good luck, hope the weather gives you a break.
11-01-2018, 07:29 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sluggo Quote
I played around some yesterday afternoon when I got home and did a 200 shot video off the deck. The shots were raw which actually was a good thing as the sun had fallen below the big hill in the park so the foreground was pretty dark yet the tops of the trees and sky were still daylight bright. That at least let me recover a fair amount of detail in the underexposed area.

Doing a night sky time lapse might be cool if shot in raw, with the images processed in raw to bring out more of the night sky details. Especially if working in a really dark area. Now I really have to go up to my lake property in the middle of the winter when the lake freezes over and do a bunch of night shooting. I want to do dome DSO shooting there but also do a night sky movie. Cold dry and dark make for some great pictures. I think I will have to bring 2 cameras. Looks like I will get to wear out the k2000 some when I do that as it is a great candidate for time lapse while I stick the big lenses on the K-3.

I just checked and it isn't looking good with basically a 90+% sky cover continuously there starting later tomorrow.
12-30-2018, 09:07 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The wife and I had a getaway weekend at a cabin an hour or so from home, and I took the opportunity to try some time-lapse shooting with the Q7 and the 08 lens. ...

Click the image to view in flickr, which I don't think supports video embedding on forums.

twelve hours at Union Grove State Park
Very nice!