Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 26 Likes Search this Thread
11-23-2018, 08:07 AM   #31

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Its always easy to think that one is better than the camera, just by looking at its specs.....

All with the Q7

OMG!!!! Out of this world. Best example of what you can do with the Q system. ¿What software do you use for post?

11-23-2018, 09:49 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My wife leaves tomorrow for a 10 day trip to the Holy land. She/We settled on my Q7, 01 and 02 as her camera choice (she thinks the 06 is too big for too little use).

AFA a new camera using Q-mount, I suspect Ricoh Imaging lost the manufacturing space and tools when the compact camera plant was transferred to the parent Ricoh books for use in automotive products.
11-23-2018, 08:44 PM   #33
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
I too would have loved to see a fully develop Q series camera but when cell phones are sporting their own 1/2.55” sensors (and two -or three- of them at that) then there is truly no hope that the Q will come back.

I’ve been casually shopping around for a new phone to replace my iPhone 6s. Some of those new android phones with multiple cameras are truly impressive. With the right app you can even get DNG files out of your camera. I can understand how the cell phone market decimated the “P&S” sized camera segment.

Let enjoy the Q for what it was in a historical context and as a still valid creative tool.
bought the huawei boris... the p20 "pro"

frankly i can't complain, except that it crops the instagram app to make it full screen. it nearly gives the ricoh griii preorderer a case of second thoughts.

the results are debatably better than the q series... leica delivers on the 20.1 megapixel monochrome sensor, yet one can shoot 40.2 megapixel dng all day on one battery charge... honestly, i don't see what all the fuss is about? bye apple!! byeeeeeee!!

Last edited by punkrachmaninov; 11-23-2018 at 09:56 PM.
11-25-2018, 05:49 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by coyot3 Quote
OMG!!!! Out of this world. Best example of what you can do with the Q system. ¿What software do you use for post?
Thanks.

The Q is really a nice versatile system, in fact, I just took the system with me for a short trip with the family and felt liberated without the encumbrance of a larger system, since I know that photography takes a back seat on such trips.

I process in the provided Silkypix, though now I use LR.
Other processing will be in PS. (used to be Elements)