Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-11-2020, 05:42 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Perfessor5646 Quote
I’ve been ambivalent about my Q collection. I have 2 Q7 bodies and all the Q series lenses (including the Q/K adapter) except the Toy Wide and Toy Telephoto. I photographed them for posting in The Market Place for sale.

Before I could get around to posting them I bought the Toy Wide and Toy Telephoto last month and put the whole collection back in the gear cabinet.
Hard to get rid of the Q! Take it out of the gear cabinet and shoot some pictures. You'll remember why the Q is so much fun. The Toy wide makes an astounding wideangle macro lens and allows photos that are very hard to get with larger Pentax set ups.

Thanks,
barondla

12-12-2020, 06:08 AM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Hard to get rid of the Q! Take it out of the gear cabinet and shoot some pictures. You'll remember why the Q is so much fun. The Toy wide makes an astounding wideangle macro lens and allows photos that are very hard to get with larger Pentax set ups.

Thanks,
barondla
You can check out my Q7 album on my Flickr account.

I take the Q7s out less frequently since I bought the GRIII but I do make a point to rotate my less used gear into the dog walk rotation.

Last edited by Perfessor5646; 12-12-2020 at 07:04 AM.
12-12-2020, 05:48 PM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

I take the Q7s out less frequently since I bought the GRIII but I do make a point to rotate my less used gear into the dog walk rotation.
My Q-7 'shares time' with my KP.
Like you, it sees less work than it did when the alternative was a K-30, but I still do enjoy using it.
12-12-2020, 07:11 PM - 1 Like   #94
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice images on Flickr. Lots of street photography. Can see why you like the Ricoh so much.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla

12-26-2020, 12:31 PM   #95

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony Belding Quote
Somebody over on DPReview pointed out this --> Ricoh interview: new Pentax 645 under consideration, Pentax Q could still be alive, "surprise" expected this year (and more) - Photo Rumors

The latest copy of the Japanese magazine Nippon Camera has an interview with Ricoh/Pentax about their plans for 2019. The bit to highlight: Ricoh is still looking at the Pentax Q and it is not accurate to say that development is discontinued.

So, there is hope. At the same time, what does it mean for Ricoh to be "looking at" the Q system? Seems like they've been looking at it for A While now with nothing to show for it.
actually i never tried a pentax q. But I am at the window looking for a user qs-1.
I cannot resist to the idea to mount over my dslr, and try it also for something similar to an action cam over the dslr.
qs-1 should be the only Q series with continuos focus during video.
12-26-2020, 08:17 PM   #96
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gcomi Quote
for something similar to an action cam over the dslr.
qs-1 should be the only Q series with continuos focus during video.
Fab stills camera. Don’t expect too much from the continuous video autofocus “feature” from a QS-1. The stabilisation in video mode is not too hot either. Stick to stills for the Q series strengths.
01-06-2021, 04:29 PM   #97

I think it's time for a "Q-S2". Imagine - a pop-up EVF, 4K video, built-in sim card and 4G connectivity, wifi, and an 18MP sensor... C'mon Ricoh!

01-06-2021, 06:12 PM   #98
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by plooksta Quote
I think it's time for a "Q-S2". Imagine - a pop-up EVF, 4K video, built-in sim card and 4G connectivity, wifi, and an 18MP sensor... C'mon Ricoh!
Can I have some of what you are on?
01-07-2021, 08:16 AM   #99
Pentaxian

The ‘accelerator’ would be nice too,
but. they will be all K-mount for a while.
01-29-2021, 08:59 PM   #100

Come on, let's not forget what makes the Q so nice & unique. It's a really small interchangeable lens camera that is fun to use and can take surprisingly good pictures.
It's something I can take on a trip, can shove it in my pocket and expect it to last the day. Don't mess it up. The Q could do with a better sensor and some view finder that works well in bright light. But don't add too much stuff to it that would make it outrageously expensive, bigger or have shorter battery life.

If you really need all that other stuff ... get a high-end mobile phone. I don't think Ricoh has any magic that can cram all that in the same size package, all the wonderful controls & layout it still has and still make it affordable.
01-30-2021, 06:08 AM   #101
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EFats Quote
Come on, let's not forget what makes the Q so nice & unique. It's a really small interchangeable lens camera that is fun to use and can take surprisingly good pictures.
It's something I can take on a trip, can shove it in my pocket and expect it to last the day. Don't mess it up. The Q could do with a better sensor and some view finder that works well in bright light. But don't add too much stuff to it that would make it outrageously expensive, bigger or have shorter battery life.

If you really need all that other stuff ... get a high-end mobile phone. I don't think Ricoh has any magic that can cram all that in the same size package, all the wonderful controls & layout it still has and still make it affordable.
I wouldn’t worry too much about battery life - when I first got it I purchased a pocket-full of inexpensive batteries - but an ‘accelerator’ would be nice. On the other hand, Pentax now says they are concentrating on K-mount, so I honestly don’t think these days of anything new in the “Q” or “645” families.
01-30-2021, 06:17 AM - 1 Like   #102
Pentaxian

Ya, it's the same old dog walk everyday around here. You can spice it up by taking different cameras.