Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-25-2019, 01:11 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
How is the Holga lens vs the 07 Shield lens?

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Question says it all. I'm curious about the images produced. I have the 07 and like it very much, and for $19 (shipped) I couldn't pass up the Holga. It's on a slow boat from Hong Kong right now, so I'm excited and want to see shots or hear opinions!

Charles.

01-25-2019, 02:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have one of the holga's for canon, I don't think it's very exciting, the lens is designed for a 6x6cm frame, so most of the vignetting, and odd faults are outside of a 35mm frame.

It's not bad, just not that exciting either, for the price it's ok. I've made a couple of ok shots with it on film, but I very rarely use it.
01-25-2019, 03:14 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by sqrrl Quote
I have one of the holga's for canon, I don't think it's very exciting, the lens is designed for a 6x6cm frame, so most of the vignetting, and odd faults are outside of a 35mm frame.

It's not bad, just not that exciting either, for the price it's ok. I've made a couple of ok shots with it on film, but I very rarely use it.
He's not talking about the 60mm Holga. He's talking about the 10mm "Holga" for Pentax Q.

USD - Holga Pinhole Lens HPL-PQ for for Pentax Q series Digital Cameras | eBay

I bought one years ago, I've used it like twice. I don't have the 07 to compare it to.
01-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is a thread comparing the Holga pinhole to the Pentax Shield mount lens (has 1 optical element).
Holga pinhole lens for Pentax Q - PentaxForums.com

Hope this helps,
barondla

01-25-2019, 03:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Ah ok - I didn't check which forum topic this was - I was talking about the 60mm full frame lens, I have never used either lens for the Q - ignore what I said.
01-28-2019, 03:28 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
Question says it all. I'm curious about the images produced. I have the 07 and like it very much, and for $19 (shipped) I couldn't pass up the Holga. It's on a slow boat from Hong Kong right now, so I'm excited and want to see shots or hear opinions!

Charles.
I have the Holga 10mm lens for Pentax Q. Actually more like 14mm focal length by my estimation. Low contrast and very soft vs the Pentax 07. I have the pinhole Holga lens too which I dislike a lot as the images are so extremely fuzzy.

None of the PQ mount Holga lenses are expensive at the moment so no great loss.

In the end I am much happier with the images rendered (including the blurry edges) from the 07. Wins also by being physically much smaller and hence more pocketable than the Holga lenses too.

Do share with us what you make of it once you have had a play with your Holga lens on your Q.

Last edited by 2old4toys; 01-28-2019 at 09:17 PM.