Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-21-2019, 06:35 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What is the quality of photos taken with Pentax K objectives on Pentax Q cameras?

I think of buy a Pentax Q when I find one at little price for use as an easy portable cameras but I am also curious at the use with my Pentax FA 100mm f/2.8 macro to take 1:1 macro with the small sensor but I don't know if the lens that is designed for 35mm sensor is enough resolvent to a sensor with so high pixel density.

03-21-2019, 07:08 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by S.M. Quote
I think of buy a Pentax Q when I find one at little price for use as an easy portable cameras but I am also curious at the use with my Pentax FA 100mm f/2.8 macro to take 1:1 macro with the small sensor but I don't know if the lens that is designed for 35mm sensor is enough resolvent to a sensor with so high pixel density.
Welcome to the Q and its forum. I don't have a Pentax FA 100 lens to test. There is an adapted lens data base that displays photos taken by Q users here: Adapted lenses tested on the Q : the reference thread - PentaxForums.com.

Not sure if your exact lens is listed, but there should be a lot of Pentax macros. Macro lenses tend to be very good lenses and they usually do very well on the Q. You will find the Q a fun and very useful camera.
THanks,
barondla
03-21-2019, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you for the link, it is very interesting, There is no my lens but the results with the DFA are really good, when I find one I would use also with the macro and test and probably go well. Other tan that there are also many other lenses tested in the link thank you.
03-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by S.M. Quote
Thank you for the link, it is very interesting, There is no my lens but the results with the DFA are really good, when I find one I would use also with the macro and test and probably go well. Other tan that there are also many other lenses tested in the link thank you.
Glad you found the list helpful. Lots of people have added info. Once your Q arrives please add some pictures using the FA100. I have also had decent results with an El-Nikkor 50mm enlarging lens reversed on a bellows.

There is a macro Q thread here: The MaQro Qlub! - PentaxForums.com

Thanks,
barondla

03-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

F,fa, and dfa 100 have the same optical formula so I would anticipate good results similar to the dfa. Coatings are different of course.