Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2019, 02:46 PM - 10 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Two Q's went cruising............

……...to Alaska. In May we went on an Alaska Cruise out of Vancouver B.C. I was going to just take the QS1 but at the last minute took the Q7 as well. Also took the #1 #2 #6 and #8 lens.

First time that I picked up the QS1 the auto focus had packed it in. Good job that I had taken the Q7 as well. Manual focus works well on the QS1 but does not do me much good. (Age related macular degeneration) But here are some of the results from the Q7::

06-01-2019, 03:00 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Heinrich, your Q photos continue to impress. I do hope your eyes hold up for a long time yet, and not just for our pleasure.
06-01-2019, 03:02 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wonderful photographs here. This is again a testimony to the Q system's versatility, power and superb image quality.

One more reason why the system should still be developped.
06-01-2019, 04:41 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Lovely packing job, but really who would notice 1 extra Q body, especially when the results are so wonderful , nice work.

06-01-2019, 06:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Lovely photos, I just wish that the EXIF data was intact.
06-01-2019, 06:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Heinrich, your Q photos continue to impress. I do hope your eyes hold up for a long time yet, and not just for our pleasure.
Thank you Rob and thank you for the good wishes

QuoteOriginally posted by BNBPhoto Quote
Wonderful photographs here. This is again a testimony to the Q system's versatility, power and superb image quality.

One more reason why the system should still be developped.
Thank you and yes, it's a shame that the system seems to be discontinued

QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Lovely packing job, but really who would notice 1 extra Q body, especially when the results are so wonderful , nice work.
Hi Gary and thank you, it's appreciated

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Lovely photos, I just wish that the EXIF data was intact.
Thank you kindly, EXIF should be intact, it is before I link them from PBase.
06-01-2019, 06:50 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Always impressive Q-work. Thanks. Mark

06-01-2019, 07:13 PM   #8
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Impressive shots, Heinrich. I hope Ricoh is taking notice. I found your post while I was idly checking out the Forums and fitting JJC LCD covers to my Q7 and Q10. I think they will help in bright light. I rely on the Q system for light weight travel. I am heading north at the end of this month for a short contract in the wilds of Mornington Island and the Gulf Country. The Q's will go with me. Sorry to hear about your eyesight. My maternal grandfather and uncle both had macular degeneration. I take lutein tablets in hope of keeping it at bay for a while yet.
06-01-2019, 10:59 PM   #9
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Gorgeous shots, Heinrich!
06-01-2019, 11:54 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Impressive shots Heinrich! And it seems that you've had worthwhile cruise. Hope you enjoyed it!
Out of "professional" curiosity, can I ask which ship you travelled on?
06-02-2019, 03:07 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marktax Quote
Always impressive Q-work. Thanks. Mark

Thank you kindly

QuoteOriginally posted by PJ1 Quote
Impressive shots, Heinrich. I hope Ricoh is taking notice. I found your post while I was idly checking out the Forums and fitting JJC LCD covers to my Q7 and Q10. I think they will help in bright light. I rely on the Q system for light weight travel. I am heading north at the end of this month for a short contract in the wilds of Mornington Island and the Gulf Country. The Q's will go with me. Sorry to hear about your eyesight. My maternal grandfather and uncle both had macular degeneration. I take lutein tablets in hope of keeping it at bay for a while yet.
Thank you for the kind words, it is appreciated

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Gorgeous shots, Heinrich!
Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Impressive shots Heinrich! And it seems that you've had worthwhile cruise. Hope you enjoyed it!
Out of "professional" curiosity, can I ask which ship you travelled on?

Hi Norbert and thank you. The ship was the Celebrity "Solstice" We leave again next Saturday this time for a 2 week Alaskan Cruise. (discounted last minute booking) The ship sails out of Vancouver B.C. and it returns to there as well. Vancouver is only a one hour flight for us, so it's easily doable. The ship this time is the "Royal Princess" of the Prince Line.

Take care,
06-04-2019, 04:59 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Hi Norbert and thank you. The ship was the Celebrity "Solstice" We leave again next Saturday this time for a 2 week Alaskan Cruise. (discounted last minute booking) The ship sails out of Vancouver B.C. and it returns to there as well. Vancouver is only a one hour flight for us, so it's easily doable. The ship this time is the "Royal Princess" of the Prince Line.

Take care,
Thanks for the information Heinrich and enjoy the "Royal Princess" cruise!
From the start of the "Princess" class with the Grand Princess in 1994 (I believe) my company was involved in supplying key components for the propulsion system of probably all (I believe) "Princess" ships. About 15 years ago I was invited to the hand-over ceremony from the shipyard to the owner of the "Emerald Princess". A wonderful experience at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone.
06-04-2019, 10:35 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful images Heinrich. Superb composition and the post processing looks so natural. Glad you took the extra Q7 body. Q bodies are so convenient to carry, an extra is barely noticeable.

Sorry to hear you have md. Mom has it and special medication has paused it's progression. She has to look at a grid every day in case conditions change.

Strange the Q-S1 stopped working. You've probably already tried it, but wiping lens and camera contacts might fix it. If it doesn't, hope you get another back up Q before the upcoming cruise.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful images,
barondla
06-04-2019, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you for the kind comments. So far my MD is still dry, that is a good thing but yes you do live with the grid. On the other hand, at 87 I'm not complaining.
06-04-2019, 11:04 PM   #15
Pentaxian

87 with Pentax Q ! You are the stuff of legends. These photos are a testimony to what the system can deliver.