Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
10-18-2019, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #1

Intrigued..as always

I’ve always looked on forums for hours upon hours before getting myself one of these cameras. I heard about the Q-series cameras about 2 1/2 years ago but dismissed it because of size. Clearly was wrong but at the time I wanted a hybrid camera as I do enjoy recording video. Now I have Sony and the wonderful Q. Please pleaseee share images from your Q-series camera. I got this camera to take on the go for my girlfriend and I. We love small adventures. I eventually want to make a photo book out of the Pentax q images I have

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
10-18-2019, 02:47 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, and congratulations on your Q. There are plenty of members here who love shooting the Q, Q10, Q7 and Q-S1.

I think you'll find this thread of interest:

Let's share shots with Q! - PentaxForums.com

There are 400+ pages of photos and comments to enjoy... and growing!
10-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Welcome, and congratulations on your Q. There are plenty of members here who love shooting the Q, Q10, Q7 and Q-S1.

I think you'll find this thread of interest:

Let's share shots with Q! - PentaxForums.com

There are 400+ pages of photos and comments to enjoy... and growing!
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!! I’m already subscribed to that thread. I really can’t believe I was a non-believe of the system
10-18-2019, 06:08 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard, I think you will be surprised at how photographer friendly the whole Q system is, creatively the options are amazing and the 08 and 06 lenses are my favourites, enjoy the ride.

10-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by garywakeling Quote
Welcome aboard, I think you will be surprised at how photographer friendly the whole Q system is, creatively the options are amazing and the 08 and 06 lenses are my favourites, enjoy the ride.
Lately I’ve seriously been eying the 06! The 08 really doesn’t gravitate towards me. I’m going to look at some images from it
10-18-2019, 11:11 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Visualsofsavage Quote
Lately I’ve seriously been eying the 06! The 08 really doesn’t gravitate towards me. I’m going to look at some images from it
Welcome the Q community and system. Bet you'll find the Q liberating. It promotes spontaneity and creativity.
Thanks for sharing
barondla
10-19-2019, 07:32 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The 06 is almost essential to fully utilize the Q but the 08 will transform your understanding of the camera. They are both really fine pieces of glass. The 06 does seem to be a bit fragile. Nevertheless it is an essential Q lens.

10-19-2019, 07:55 AM - 1 Like   #8
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The 06 is on my Q 95% of the time. A very hand, excellent lens!
10-19-2019, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
The 06 is almost essential to fully utilize the Q but the 08 will transform your understanding of the camera. They are both really fine pieces of glass. The 06 does seem to be a bit fragile. Nevertheless it is an essential Q lens.
It’s funny because I love wide. I actually like wide portraits with my Sony. But I just don’t see myself wanting to shoot wider than 13mm. Maybe that’ll change down the road

---------- Post added 10-19-19 at 09:21 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
The 06 is on my Q 95% of the time. A very hand, excellent lens!
Just as others said I know it’s had it’s problems breaking over time but I’ll keep it on my camera just like you. The focal range seems way too good on the Q
10-19-2019, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Q7 and QS1 - nearly all the lenses and the whole lot fits in a tiny bag