Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Repairing Q lenses

Do you have experience in repairing Q lenses? I obtained an 01 Standard Prime that is not recognized by the body. I assume this means the electronics are faulty, but if there are any guides to opening them and rooting around for any valid reason, I could take a screwdriver to it and have a look. The contacts look perfect and there appears to be no damage to it.

01-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The contacts may look perfect but a quick wipe of said contacts, on both body and lens, would be worthwhile.
01-20-2020, 05:47 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Possible firmware issue? That lens did have a firmware upgrade I think, so make sure the body is also up-to-date.
01-21-2020, 12:20 AM   #4
Pentaxian

When mounted does it make any noises when you press the shutter button?

01-21-2020, 02:56 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 2old4toys Quote
Do you even see light through the lens when mounted to a camera? I purchased an untested 06 where the electronic shutter did not open when the camera was turned on. I returned that one to the seller for a refund, rather than trying to dismantle and attempt a repair.
01-22-2020, 10:08 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
The contacts may look perfect but a quick wipe of said contacts, on both body and lens, would be worthwhile.
Thanks, I gave that a try, to no avail. 8-)

---------- Post added 01-22-20 at 12:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Possible firmware issue? That lens did have a firmware upgrade I think, so make sure the body is also up-to-date.
Thanks, I had recently updated my Q7 firmware. Unfortunately you cannot update the lens firmware if the body doesn't mate with it.

---------- Post added 01-22-20 at 12:11 PM ----------

Upon mounting the 01, it asks for manual entry of the focal length.

---------- Post added 01-22-20 at 12:14 PM ----------

No noises upon starting up or pressing shutter. 8-(

---------- Post added 01-22-20 at 12:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Do you even see light through the lens when mounted to a camera? I purchased an untested 06 where the electronic shutter did not open when the camera was turned on. I returned that one to the seller for a refund, rather than trying to dismantle and attempt a repair.
Exactly that, no light passes through it when mounted.