Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 29 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2021, 02:46 PM   #121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I wouldn't get too bent out of shape with Metabones. They had no contract with potential buyers... They simply haven't followed through with a product release, and there's undoubtedly good business reasons for that. It's no worse than (in fact, arguably not so bad as) a company like Ricoh ending development of a much-loved but niche product line like the Q-system. At least with Metabones you had no money invested in the product... just some hope
Yes, and that's the reason you'll never see it. Why would they make something for a not-very-popular-discontinued-years-ago camera system now? It wouldn't take only a dozen orders -- it would take hundreds of orders.

11-30-2021, 03:35 PM   #122
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Yes, and that's the reason you'll never see it. Why would they make something for a not-very-popular-discontinued-years-ago camera system now? It wouldn't take only a dozen orders -- it would take hundreds of orders.
They did produce some for the Nikon F-mount.
At least, my understanding was that @Abbazz; actually had one when writing the article that first caught my attention
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/354465-0-666-devils-speed-b...ml#post4115711

I believe more Q-users have K-mount lenses than have F-mount lenses.
Their explanation at the time was that they have more experience with F-mount than with K-mount, but apparently they did do the engineering for both ..... just not the production.

Once they had 'proven their point', they lost interest - now I've lost interest in them.

note: I recently purchased a Q-S1 because my Q-7 was showing its age and has established a place in my camera usage.

I was surprised to discover how many "Q" cameras are for sale, even now.

Last edited by reh321; 11-30-2021 at 03:48 PM.
11-30-2021, 03:48 PM   #123
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321:
Once they had 'proven their point', they lost interest - now I've lost interest in them.
You can be sure that no company loses interest where there's good profits to be made. Metabones isn't a couple of guys in a shed doing this for fun... It's a business that employs and pays folks, and expects (needs) to make money from its investments.

It's a shame you've lost interest in them, but I guess they'd consider that preferable to losing money, or not making enough to justify the cost of production...
11-30-2021, 03:50 PM   #124
Pentaxian

Hey, I mean it would be nice -- I've got 3 Q cameras and dozens of K-mount lenses. I just think it is a pipe dream at this point.

08-24-2022, 06:16 AM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's 2022 now. Did this ever come out? It's still showing on B&H's site...

Charles.
08-24-2022, 06:33 AM   #126
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
It's 2022 now. Did this ever come out?
Not yet. We can continue to look forward to it!
08-24-2022, 08:24 AM   #127
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
It's 2022 now. Did this ever come out? It's still showing on B&H's site...

Charles.
Every month since July 2020, B&H has faithfully sent a message saying they can’t fulfill my order yet.

Apparently, everyone cares, but Metabones.

I could get a “Nikon F’ back for my AdaptAll lenses - my testing in recent months seem to show they may work better with my “Q” than my Pentax/Takumar lenses anyway - but this has become a matter of principal with me. If Metabones cares so little about delivering what they promised, I am rapidly losing any interest on spending money on them.

08-24-2022, 08:47 AM   #128
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Every month since July 2020, B&H has faithfully sent a message saying they can’t fulfill my order yet.

Apparently, everyone cares, but Metabones.

I could get a “Nikon F’ back for my AdaptAll lenses - my testing in recent months seem to show they may work better with my “Q” than my Pentax/Takumar lenses anyway - but this has become a matter of principal with me. If Metabones cares so little about delivering what they promised, I am rapidly losing any interest on spending money on them.
Thank you for reminding me - just now I asked B&H to cancel my order - 2 years is plenty of time, and I have long since replaced the credit card I used in making this order.
05-02-2023, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #129
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Every month since July 2020, B&H has faithfully sent a message saying they can’t fulfil my order yet.
(...)
I got a message from them today, stating that the Metabones Devil Q666 adapter with 0.50x speed booster for Pentax K-mount lens to Q-mount camera has been discontinued.

"Has never been released" would have been more accurate.
05-02-2023, 04:03 PM   #130
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Interesting. The last message I got was the usual monthly one, April 24.

A year ago, my A50/1.2 gave up the ghost, so I wasn't going to be able to reach f/.666 anyway.
05-05-2023, 04:26 PM   #131
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I got a message from them today, stating that the Metabones Devil Q666 adapter with 0.50x speed booster for Pentax K-mount lens to Q-mount camera has been discontinued.
I finally got a message from B&H:

"We regret to inform you that 1 of MEMBSPPKQBM1 is no longer available from our supplier."

Of course, MEMBSPPKQBM1 has never been available, but at least they didn't claim it was discontinued.