Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
02-24-2020, 01:48 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Do we really need a macro lens for the Q system? Doesn't the adaptor Q for K mount lenses essentially make any close-focussing lens a macro?

Put a real macro lens on the Q and you have an equivalent of 4.6-5.6:1 magnification.

Yes, I know that's not strictly correct....

02-24-2020, 10:19 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

^ The (stillborn) Pentax-09 Telephoto Macro (smc Pentax Macro 20mm f/2.8) had a maximum magnification of approx. 0.22x. At minimum focusing distance it shot an area of ca. 26mm x 35mm.
02-24-2020, 01:11 PM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
^ The photographer who tried and reported on the prototype of Pentax 09 Telephoto Macro is... Kimio Tanaka.
Do we know where the Q was made (which plant) and whether that facility is still assigned to Ricoh Imaging?
03-01-2020, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #19
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Do we really need a macro lens for the Q system?
I'd say that's a wrong question, ask me if I WANT a native Q macro!

I wholeheartedly agree that adapting real macro for Q is a great fun, but judging from Tanaka's sample photos the picture quality is excellent, with AF and aperture control, and it's smaller than K-mount lens and K-Q adapter combined, and probably much lighter. What's not to like?

03-01-2020, 10:28 PM - 3 Likes   #20
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
When I have time I'll comment in Japanese to Pentax's tweet about this crowdfunding project as well as Tanaka's old tweet about 09 macro in a hope that they will notice.
OK, I commented to Pentax' as well as Kimio Tanaka's tweet.

My comment to Pentax' tweet
QuoteQuote:
完全に出遅れましたが、追加受付があるといいなあ。あと、この商品と無関係な話であれですが、以前に田中希美男さんが紹介なさっておられた、ついに日の目を見なかった Q 09マクロレンズ、こういった形ででも販売していただけたら非常に嬉しいです。
(Translation: Oh I'm totally too late to the party, I wish there's another round. Also, though unrelated to this product, I'd be delighted if you can sell, in a similar manner, the unreleased Q 09 lens that Mr. Kimio Tanaka reported before.)
My comment to Mr. Tanaka's tweet
QuoteQuote:
先日、PENTAXがちょっと変わった双眼鏡と単眼鏡をクラウドファンディングで売り出してすぐに売り切れになりましたね。そういう事が出来るのなら、このレンズも同様の方法で製造販売してくれたら嬉しいのですが。
(Translation: The other day PENTAX crowdfunded binocular and monocular with unique features, which were quickly sold out. Now that we know they can do that kind of stuff, I would be delighted if they do the same thing to sell this lens.)

Last edited by kwb; 03-02-2020 at 01:58 PM. Reason: typo, it would be -> I would be
03-02-2020, 08:00 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
OK, I commented to Pentax' as well as Kimio Tanaka's tweet.

My comment to Pentax' tweet
My comment to Mr. Tanaka's tweet
Excellent job kwb! Your messages are very clear and to the point. Pentax and Mr. Tanaka are sure to see them. Hopefully it starts a new page in the Q story. Your work on this project is much appreciated kwb.
A big thank you,
barondla

Fingers crossed.
03-02-2020, 08:40 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Personally I think crowd-funding would reflect badly on a company such as Ricoh and would only fan the flames of the "Pentax is dead!" crowd by suggesting they don't have the cash to properly fund the lens.

03-02-2020, 08:44 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Do we know where the Q was made (which plant) and whether that facility is still assigned to Ricoh Imaging?
Weren't the Q lenses built by someone besides Ricoh/Pentax? Seem to remember reading a post or story mentioning the company.
Thanks,
barondla
03-02-2020, 11:41 AM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Weren't the Q lenses built by someone besides Ricoh/Pentax? Seem to remember reading a post or story mentioning the company.
Thanks,
barondla
Yes they were but I get the mfg. wrong every time.

I was asking about the cameras though.
03-02-2020, 01:54 PM - 2 Likes   #25
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Personally I think crowd-funding would reflect badly on a company such as Ricoh and would only fan the flames of the "Pentax is dead!" crowd by suggesting they don't have the cash to properly fund the lens.
I see where you're coming from, but crowdfunding alone is unlikely to be perceived as a sign of doom at least in their home market, Japan. When Sony, Sharp, JVC-KENWOOD, Konica-Minolta and other established brands used Makuake, THE most successful crowdfunding platform in Japan that Pentax also used for their bino/monocular project, people didn't suggest that those brands were doomed or didn't have cash just because of crowdfunding.

To me, it's a good thing that Ricoh is willing to make unconventional products such as these bino/monoculars, exploring unconventional venues for market research and funding, without losing money. (Well, let's hope that that's the case. )
03-02-2020, 01:57 PM - 1 Like   #26
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yes they were but I get the mfg. wrong every time.

I was asking about the cameras though.
Lenses are said to be made by Copal (or Nidec Copal Coorporation to be more precise).

Interchangeable lens | Nidec Copal Corporation

Cameras, I don't know.