Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
04-22-2021, 08:13 PM - 9 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Finally found a Q bag I like!

Nice size bag with tiny dividers that fit the Q system. I didn't move any dividers. This holds Q7, 08 ultrawide zoom, standard zoom, fisheye, Toy wide, tele zoom, Fuji fisheye, and the mount shield lens in a zippered compartment. The FE and toy wide are in that cylinder shaped case. Found this case at Best Buy for $19.95. It doesn't come with a shoulder strap, but there are 2 loops that one could use for attachment.

Thanks,
barondla

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by barondla; 04-22-2021 at 09:28 PM.
04-22-2021, 08:25 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I will have to see how this works with my auto 110 stuff.
04-22-2021, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Nice size bag with tiny dividers that fit the Q system. I didn't move amy dividers. This holds Q7, 08 ultrawide zoom, standard zoom, fisheye, Toy wide, tele zoom, Fuji fisheye, and the mount shiels lens in a zippered compartment. The FE and toy wide are in that cylinder shaped case. Found this case at Best Buy for $19.95. It doesn't come with a shoulder strap, but there are 2 loops that one could use for attachment.

Thanks,
barondla
Room there for a flash? Maybe not. I just realized what looked blank is filled with the cylinder case you mentioned.
04-22-2021, 08:58 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nice looking bag. Thanks for the tip!

04-22-2021, 09:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Room there for a flash? Maybe not. I just realized what looked blank is filled with the cylinder case you mentioned.
Most people won't have the cylindrical case or Fuji security camera fisheye. A small flash would probably fit if those were removed. The Pentax Toy wide and 03 fisheye would easily fit where the huge Fuji (about 52mm filter thread) is. Just need to add a piece of foam between them.

I've never seen a case with so many tiny pockets. Makes me wonder what they thought people would put in it? The case is named Platinum. I might buy an extra. If nothing else to have some extra dividers.

Thanks,

barondla

Last edited by barondla; 04-23-2021 at 03:12 AM.
04-23-2021, 01:19 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It seems like a good play for just under $20... I like the design and it holds the essential equipment nicely.
04-23-2021, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is there a link to this item available or maybe the brand name and model to help find one ?

04-23-2021, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #8
pid
Pentaxian

I use the Speed changer from Thinktank. It is much more expensive, but as all products from them, very good quality and lifetime warranty.
It fits for all Q lenses and the body, and much more ...
Speed Changer V3.0 slim organizer belt pouch for DSLR camera gear ? Think Tank Photo
04-23-2021, 10:05 AM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Is there a link to this item available or maybe the brand name and model to help find one ?
Bought this in store. This looks like it:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinum-street-tech-pro-camera-accessory-case-...?skuId=6409998

Thanks,
barondla
04-23-2021, 11:38 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you. I don’t have a Pentax Q but I do have m43 gear that isn’t much bigger (my slower lens kit).
04-23-2021, 11:52 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I use an 8 inch bag by OPTECH USA for my Q-7 kit:

Accessory Pack | OP/TECH USA

The bag has a place for a Q-7+01 with battery & cross body carry strap, 02, 03, 08, hoods for each lens, 40.5mm PL Filter, charger, two extra batteries, extra SD card, and business cards...

Works great.... M
04-23-2021, 08:27 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pid Quote
I use the Speed changer from Thinktank. It is much more expensive, but as all products from them, very good quality and lifetime warranty.
It fits for all Q lenses and the body, and much more ...
Speed Changer V3.0 slim organizer belt pouch for DSLR camera gear ? Think Tank Photo
Nice looking setup. I'll check it out.

---------- Post added 04-23-21 at 10:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
I use an 8 inch bag by OPTECH USA for my Q-7 kit:

Accessory Pack | OP/TECH USA

The bag has a place for a Q-7+01 with battery & cross body carry strap, 02, 03, 08, hoods for each lens, 40.5mm PL Filter, charger, two extra batteries, extra SD card, and business cards...

Works great.... M
That looks like a great option to hold all the Q I have.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla
04-24-2021, 09:13 AM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

I don't remember now what Pentax originally intended my bag to hold.
Only two sections - but I don't have any problem quickly selecting my camera and lens {I have only 01, 02, 06 to choose from}.
It does have the advantage of coming from Pentax, and of hanging from my shoulder {batteries - I have several - are in mesh section in top}.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
04-26-2021, 01:07 PM - 2 Likes   #14
Veteran Member

Most people won't have the cylindrical case or Fuji security camera fisheye. A small flash would probably fit if those were removed. The Pentax Toy wide and 03 fisheye would easily fit where the huge Fuji (about 52mm filter thread) is. Just need to add a piece of foam between them.

I've never seen a case with so many tiny pockets. Makes me wonder what they thought people would put in it? The case is named Platinum. I might buy an extra. If nothing else to have some extra dividers.

Thanks,

barondla
Looks like a lot of the GoPro/action camera cases that I've been looking at. Since the Q is about the same height as a GoPro, there may be other action camera cases that work with the Q.

I recently got this Tenba Tool Box 8 for my Insta360 cameras - https://www.adorama.com/tbtb8.html?

Never thought to use it with my Q gear but it may work!
04-27-2021, 06:06 AM   #15
Pentaxian

That's a cute case!

I've seen a few like these pop up on Amazon, and purchased one for my son's GoPro clone.