Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
01-27-2022, 04:33 PM   #31

I did it to replace a cracked back panel and screen. I decided to investigate the battery another time, but haven't got back to it yet.

01-28-2022, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #32

Photos: Gallery
Thank you all for your responses.

My K-r battery replacement went successfully which gives me a bit of confidences to proceed with the Q soon. My replacement battery (that I hope is the right one!) arrived yesterday so now I can attempt it whenever I feel ready.

QuoteOriginally posted by photogem Quote
The Pentax Q has two almost identical mainboards as the Q10 and the C-MOS battery sits on the backside of the 2-nd mainboard as shown HEREHERE you can see mainboard #2 of the Q
It's interesting to see that replacement boards are available! as well as the extra picture of the battery location.

QuoteOriginally posted by kayakfari Quote
Non-destructive dis and re - assembly of originial flavor Q:Pentax Q disassembly and LCD repair – replacement operation. | kayakfari ( kayak .. far .. i )
Thanks kayakfari! I have viewed your site and pictures I found them to be quite useful in understanding the layout and what may be involved. Did yo have any trouble with the lens mount or other parts of the front panel when you were exploring that area?

QuoteOriginally posted by DonV Quote
Excellent - the original Q is much "easier" to disassemble without destroying it!Did you get deep enough to see or change the clock battery ?
DonV, apart from the ribbon and soldered cables, were there other tricky parts to look out for in order to avoid destroying it? I know the Q10 is different to the Q I'm going to work on, but it probably also shares some similarities to the Q7 I have - battery still good for now but I'm sure it will go one day.