Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-24-2021, 03:42 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Tilt shift adaptor for Pentax Q?

Seeing micro 4/3rds mount tilt and shift adaptors now. Micro Four Thirds Adapters ? Tagged "Adapter Type_Tilt/Shift Adapters" ? Fotodiox, Inc. USA
Just daydreaming aloud… I suppose almost any old manual focus film lens with manual aperture control should be usable with a tiny sensor Q and have a decent tilt shift range. Would be nifty to have one to play with on a Q. Before I investigate further, does anyone have advice what kind of focal length, very wide or mid telly is appropriate for tilt shift use? If very wide angle and large aperture, that would be quite limiting given the Q’s crop factor.

https://m.tb.cn/h.fbWwZbq?sm=45fcb0

The image is for a Pentax Q tilt only adaptor to use PK lenses. I think something similar could be cooked up with tilt and shift for use with a Q. Just wondering about lenses to use with it and if it is worth the work I’d need to put into it.

Last edited by 2old4toys; 08-24-2021 at 04:21 AM.
08-24-2021, 04:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ideally something ~ 7 - 8mm
08-24-2021, 05:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The DA12-24 is the widest I have and that would give something like a 55-110mm equivalent on the Q7 so not so enticing for what a I would use a tilt shift for.
08-24-2021, 06:56 PM - 3 Likes   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't know something in the 75-135mm range I would think would be a fun focal length to have a K->Q tilt adaptor for. I say this because of this image. Which is about the framing one would get at 600mm on full frame. And now I really want a Q.

08-24-2021, 10:09 PM - 2 Likes   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Mind blown, tilt shift astrophotography is a thing?!

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
I don't know something in the 75-135mm range I would think would be a fun focal length to have a K->Q tilt adaptor for. I say this because of this image. Which is about the framing one would get at 600mm on full frame. And now I really want a Q.
08-24-2021, 10:30 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 2old4toys Quote

Hadn't seen that before. Doubt most astronomers will be excited by the effect. It is kind of cool for one image.

Thanks for sharing,
barondla
08-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by 2old4toys Quote
I didn't know it was either until I saw that image and there are a few other large objects in the night sky that I think would look awesome with that effect. I hadn't seen an image like it before and like was stated it was a cool one off image but part of astrophotography is showing off cool images and getting people excited. Now that I know there is a K->Q tilt adapter I kind of want to get a Q to play with and that setup would be light enough that I could stick it on my little equatorial and blast away at something like Andromeda, the Pleiades, the Great Orion Nebula and a few other objects with some faster shorter primes or be dumb and hang it off the back of my 400/2.8 possibly with the 1.4X-L converter in the mix.