Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2022, 09:22 PM   #1

Q-S1 video autofocus

I am interested in buying a Q-S1, and when doing some research I came upon a couple videos demonstrating the autofocus and it has this weird tracking/stabilization going on. Anyone with the q-s1 can help me confirm whether this is the autofocus, or some weird editing that the uploaders/youtube has done.

06-25-2022, 06:14 AM   #2
Unregistered User

?

They look pretty normal to me.
06-25-2022, 07:08 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Cipher Quote
?

They look pretty normal to me.
It's most apparent in the cat video, when the cat moves it's head the whole frame moves with it, and I doubt the cameraman is moving along with the cat
06-25-2022, 10:40 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Saucer Quote
It's most apparent in the cat video, when the cat moves it's head the whole frame moves with it, and I doubt the cameraman is moving along with the cat
That looks like Movie SR (shake reduction) is activated, and there's slight camera movement. Pretty typical for electronic (rather than mechanical) image stabilisation. If the camera was hand-held, or the base on which the tripod is standing was subject to slight movement, or for some other reason the tripod wasn't completely stable (wind etc.), Movie SR might account for that "jump" you're seeing...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 06-25-2022 at 12:15 PM.
06-25-2022, 05:27 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
That looks like Movie SR (shake reduction) is activated, and there's slight camera movement. Pretty typical for electronic (rather than mechanical) image stabilisation. If the camera was hand-held, or the base on which the tripod is standing was subject to slight movement, or for some other reason the tripod wasn't completely stable (wind etc.), Movie SR might account for that "jump" you're seeing...
Thanks, I really don't like that effect, good to know that I can turn it off.
06-25-2022, 07:05 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Saucer Quote
Thanks, I really don't like that effect, good to know that I can turn it off.
Yes always turn it off for video. Get a small gimbal if you are going to be moving around a lot.