Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2023, 11:14 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Help! Think I broke my Q7

So I have a full spectrum Q7, modded with a bare sensor. Today I tried an m12 lens on it and screwed it in too far. �� And stupidly I tried to unscrew the adapter instead of unscrewing the lens. Think I jammed something.

The sensor itself looks fine, no contact was made with it.

Now the Q will not turn on for more than a moment and it makes a groaning noise, which I assume is due to the fact that I previously had the antishake on.

The screen won’t come on if there is a dumb adapter attached. The red light turns on and stays on. It groans and turns off.

The screen does come on briefly if I attach a Q lens, but the camera groans and the red light at the top right stays on, and buttons don’t respond, so I can’t enter the menus to turn off the shake reduction system. Then the camera turns off again.

What’s the prognosis, guys? Think I can fix it? I’m open to any ideas. Willing to take it apart if there’s a chance.

Last edited by spiffariffic; 12-07-2023 at 11:36 AM.
12-07-2023, 03:06 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Cringe! Good luck with it.
12-08-2023, 12:29 AM   #3
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry to hear that.
Are you saying that you put an enormous torque to your Q-C adapter without pressing the lens release button? If so, if I were you I'll first check if the lens lock pin looks undamaged. Usually that pin is on a leaf spring, the release button presses the spring to disengage the pin, and there's a sensor to monitor if the pin is engaged or disengaged. If the lock pin was tilted enough (or even bent) and deformed/bent the spring, maybe the sensor can misbehave? I have no real wisdom but anyway that's one thing to check.
12-09-2023, 11:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So the rear of the lens ran into the sensor shield? You might try leaving the battery out for a week. That will hopefully do a factory reset and allow you to go into the menu and change settings.

I've been considering converting a Q to full spectrum. Have to ask how well did it work before the accident? Imagine IR is no problem, I'm more interested in UV. I have a K1 full spectrum.
Thanks,
barondla