Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #31
Veteran Member

MJB DIGITAL links to E-mail Address Required

the exposure manager is new, but that's how i do it.

the synergy in my business right now is mainly between my it guy and myself. we're brainstorming some ideas and getting things rolling pretty well....

i would have a problem with becoming part of a co-op because i want a strong brand image that says...this guy really has an individual and unique style.

05-10-2010, 07:38 AM   #32
Ira
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Sorry, guys--I was going to send out an email this weekend, but things got crazy. Especially with Mother's Day.

Remember that my original idea was to work individually, but pool resources and ideas as a community. Toward that end, I was thinking it best that for branding, we choose our own URL names, but with a common tag such as, "A Member of the Pentax Photographers Network."
05-11-2010, 02:14 AM   #33

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ira Quote
Remember that my original idea was to work individually, but pool resources and ideas as a community. Toward that end, I was thinking it best that for branding, we choose our own URL names, but with a common tag such as, "A Member of the Pentax Photographers Network."
As long as it's a legal name with no infringement problems, I like the whole "???? Network" name idea. You'll have to throw "International", or something similar in the name though...
05-11-2010, 08:58 AM   #34
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
idea for you guys.

I have recently did a Basketball shoot with my sons school. We did it as a fund raiser. People simply go to my Zenfolio site (photofins.com) and order direct from there. They get the images mailed directly to them. I split the profit with the School. 3 days work we sold about $200 worth. Not bad No great. If would have used my EVENT PRINTER I am pretty sure I could have Tripled that. Only Problem is printing all the images. It could get expensive. However the business I generated for portraits and weddings and partys will be much greater.

Next time I will do it like the "sports shooter" do. ORDER UPFRONT. I would expect much more in orders Plus They will not see worry about the shipping cost. ( really i had some one wanting free shipping I was @ $2.00 for a 4x6. and they complained about shipping.. Next time Free Shipping but the pictures will be at $5.00 per shot.

06-22-2010, 11:34 AM   #35

Photos: Albums
You should really consider Miller's Photo Labs.

For $40 a month, you can host as many pictures as you want with them, and they will put together a storefront for you with your logo. Here's mine: Select Event : Storybook Photography

Just give out a URL and an event code at any place you go to, and upload them there. Miller's will sell photos, print them, ship them and everything, plus they do a cool coupon code thing and also you can do timed discounts and email alerts to anyone who has logged in. The prints are awesome.

It wouldn't be homegrown, but if you were serious about making some cash you should really look into this. As long as you can sell more than $500 worth of prints (or cds, or mugs, or giant canvases) a year then you have a business model.