05-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #1

Logo design

05-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moving this to the business sub-forum

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Logo Design Pro
05-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lots of questions you need to ask yourself:

Do you have a name/company name you want this logo to be attached to?

What/who is your logo going to represent, you as a person, you as a concept, you as a service, or something completely gratuitous and unrelated?

Do you want a custom graphic, stylized words, clip art, mix?

If you're going to outsource your logo design, are you strong enough to fight for what you want or be easily convinced to accept someone else's vision?

How long do you plan on keeping this logo? The more time and money you invest in it, the longer you would want to keep it.

In the end, a logo should represent who you are in some way, shape or form. It's personal and you should certainly be proud of it representing you.

05-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have done both ways. I have designed my own and had one designed for me. It really depends on what you want out of it.
06-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #6
Inactive Account

My wife and I designed our own. It's simple and reflects our business' vision and mission statements, as well as, integrates well with us as people and how we work with our clients.

I personally find many logos (i.e. script writing saying "Tom's Photography", or whatever) very uninspiring, daft of any creativity, and very much looking like everyone elses.

c[_]
08-05-2010, 05:59 AM   #7

Original Poster
Well basically I want to come up with something to 'stamp' my photos with. I made a signature brush (of my actual sisgnature) in PSE8 but I don't like it. So my next question is this: CAN I even make a logo in PSE8?

I have a watermark...should I just redesign that and adjust the opacity? I really kind of wanted to do something fancier though, that's the problem I'm having.

08-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #8

Original Poster
Bumping back up
08-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Naturenut Quote
Hidden content may not be quoted
For me it really comes down to timeline. But logo's are the type of thing that are often so personal that they can seem impossible to achieve. In a nutshell... if someone needed a logo under a deadline, then its simply easier to consult a designer. However... if it's part of a more relaxed project, then it is usually better to follow through with the usual development process.

Either way, since most logo's are usually subject to a revision and change life-cycle, I think many people encounter stumbling blocks as they find themselves struggling with commitment toward a an idea. Which is often compared to writers block.

One popular way for do-it-yourself logo design is to create a slogan, which in turn provides keywords and a meaning that can be developed into a visual presentation. Which is far easier than trial and error methods which can turn into a real time trap of confusion.

Hope this helps

PS. I've been making logo's(on and off) for over 25 years.
08-26-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I made my own and made a few for other people as well. Mine is quite boring though and I"m considering changing mine. But I have stickers, business cards and all that have my old logo on so I"m not sure I want to buy all new stuff yet.