Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

New Website: edsonandre.com - feedback and critique please

I realize I haven't posted anything on here for a while. I just got done revamping my website completely. I would like some feedback and critique from my Pentaxian friends. Here's the link: Portfolio | Edson Andre Photography. Feel free to talk about anything from accessibility, the quality of my work, price of service, organization. Anything you mention can only help me.

06-21-2010, 03:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This might actually be in the wrong section of the board. If it is, Admin please feel free to move it to the right forum.
06-24-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Heya.
Nice work!

- Errr, I like your work, some of the ones in hitchhiker are a little overexposed, or looks like it was shot with full on flash from the camera...i dont know if you should include them. Otherwise, great series, great PP.

- I am not sure I am for the 5 things about me section. In fact, I think the section should refer to you as a third person. Err....lets see, example of a third person...,

"Epson Andre is a ____ photographer who appreciates life, beauty and nature, and good food. "

Also ,I am not sure whether client likes to hear that their profesionally done photos that costs hundreds of dollars were done by a photographer who was self taught. Makes it seem like as if anyone can pick up a camera, teach themselves photoshop, photography, and HTML web design like you just did.

I think they like to know that you are experienced, you learned your craft not as a hobby but as a passion, that so and so and so forth.

The website is also lacking a little narrative that tells the customers what they are getting from you. Not just price and technical specs...but...um, memory. Or, once in a lifetime opportunity to be a model. Or...whatever else it is you are selling to fulfill their needs.

Finally, while the idea of putting a little title on each picture seems okay, some of them are so...carelessly put. I mean, there is one that is titled..."there". I am not sure these little titles are doing it for me.

anyway, just my observations, dont take any offense, I am hoping to be where you are at in about 6-12 months, that is, with website, and advertising my business, and have some clients. So I applaud you for already wetting your feet

Cheers
09-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I thought nobody commented on this thread so I didn't check it until now. Thanks for the criticism.
QuoteOriginally posted by D4rknezz Quote
Heya.
Nice work!

- Errr, I like your work, some of the ones in hitchhiker are a little overexposed, or looks like it was shot with full on flash from the camera...i dont know if you should include them. Otherwise, great series, great PP.
The hitchhiker series was actually shot with off camera flash. Some of the shots were composite from long exposure. I actually overexposed them on purpose.

- I am not sure I am for the 5 things about me section. In fact, I think the section should refer to you as a third person. Err....lets see, example of a third person...,

"Epson Andre is a ____ photographer who appreciates life, beauty and nature, and good food. "
Yeah that section is cheesy but I couldn't find anything to put on there. I'm sure I'll change it soon

Also ,I am not sure whether client likes to hear that their profesionally done photos that costs hundreds of dollars were done by a photographer who was self taught. Makes it seem like as if anyone can pick up a camera, teach themselves photoshop, photography, and HTML web design like you just did.

I think they like to know that you are experienced, you learned your craft not as a hobby but as a passion, that so and so and so forth.
, I'm not going to lie about my experience. There are many great photographers out there who were self taught (Chase Jarvis, Joey L, etc). Though education is important, most client will only worry about your body of works when it comes to hiring you.

The website is also lacking a little narrative that tells the customers what they are getting from you. Not just price and technical specs...but...um, memory. Or, once in a lifetime opportunity to be a model. Or...whatever else it is you are selling to fulfill their needs.
That's understood. I tend to go thru all the narrative with potential clients when they contact me for more information. I know I lose some clients that way but I would rather work with someone that is really really interested in my work. Most of my business is actually done thru word of mouth anyway.

Finally, while the idea of putting a little title on each picture seems okay, some of them are so...carelessly put. I mean, there is one that is titled..."there". I am not sure these little titles are doing it for me.
I'm not that creative with word . I'm contemplating on taking the titles out.

anyway, just my observations, dont take any offense, I am hoping to be where you are at in about 6-12 months, that is, with website, and advertising my business, and have some clients. So I applaud you for already wetting your feet

Cheers
No problem mate! Thanks for taking the time to provide some criticism. Good luck with your endeavor and keep shooting.

09-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Hey man your work is awesome!! I do not like the fact I have to scroll left and right.... Customers do not like to "look" for anything on your website... Anyhow thats just me.. Great Job!!!
09-15-2010, 06:34 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alhpro Quote
Hey man your work is awesome!! I do not like the fact I have to scroll left and right.... Customers do not like to "look" for anything on your website... Anyhow thats just me.. Great Job!!!
Thanks mate! I'm a sucker for horizontal scrolling. So that is not going to change. Forget the costumers