Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This weeks how much to charge thread..

Why not, beats another K-r and 35F2.4 sucks thread...

BackStory:

A few weeks ago I stopped at a local junkyard/heavy equipment place and was 'caught' by the owner taking photos. He ended up giving us a 1 hour tour and letting me shoot anywhere I wanted. I went back about a week ago to shoot some more and took them a couple of prints of the results from the previous trip including one matted and framed print.

While there my wife spotted an antique tricycle that she offered to buy from the wife of the owner. She didn't want to sell it but later offered to give it to her if she could get a couple more prints which I agreed to.

Fast forward to today, I get an email telling me that they have a friend who saw my shots and wants me to come up and shoot their cabin in the woods and wants to know what I'd charge. I have no idea where to start. I'd love the experience but don't want to over or under charge. I'm thinking that I'd go with a fixed price for the shoot (it's about 40 miles away and then a per print price). I'm thinking 50-75 bucks for the shoot and then 2X my cost for prints and frames. I probably won't come out very much ahead but I might get enough for a cheap lens in the marketplace.

Opinions?

09-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
Inactive Account

I would say that would be ok. I usally do not do much with prints. I would probably charge around $100 and spend a whole day shooting. Even try to do some interiors as well. I would shoot early in the morn as well as after sundown with some lighting. Maybe even try and HDR. Again I personally dont do much with prints. There is not much profit in prints for me. I would also even try to photograph the family that lives there. Try and sale the experince you are providing. It will make the difference!!!! Good Luck Andrew