Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
09-25-2010, 04:22 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
If I was a marketing director a camera (or any) company considering sponsorship proposals and discovered this thread, I'd drop Ben in a heartbeat.

The same, if I was a creative director and was considering proposals for a client shoot...

If he is willing to go public with a dis of a past sponsor, I or my client, might get the same treatment. He may be unique, but there's a ton of talent in this world willing to be loyal and discrete. I'm not willing to take the risk with such a loose cannon. My friends and I don't need or want this type of drama.

Thanks for the memories, Ben.

Next...?
When did I "Dis" Pentax...What are you talking about? Dis Pentax? I have promoted Pentax since the adoption of the K10D as my working tool when it was introduced...Do your homework. So please edify me?

09-25-2010, 05:04 AM   #77
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Holly Cow..Did it? I didn't know that! Which image? I guess I should have a look.

Found it...This is it, right?
love your video shoot of that.... (off topic again.. sorry.. big fan).
09-25-2010, 06:19 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dycz Quote
love your video shoot of that.... (off topic again.. sorry.. big fan).

More Video's coming shortly.

Last edited by Parallax; 10-26-2012 at 07:14 AM.
09-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When did I "Dis" Pentax...What are you talking about? Dis Pentax? I have promoted Pentax since the adoption of the K10D as my working tool when it was introduced...Do your homework. So please edify me?
Past is past... Pentax expected you to dance. You did... Thank you.

Now is now... Since Pentax wants to go in a different direction, the vibe of THIS thread makes you, the OP, out to be a bitter, thank-less, 'dis-'loyal, jerk to me. If you see it as a celebration, well... that's

Again, the memories will be wonderful, but it's time to move on... Have a great life.

Ciao...

09-25-2010, 08:05 AM   #80
bfo

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Third, what customer let's themselves be guided by the choice of someone who chooses their gear because the manufacturer pays for it?

If Ben has a marketing value for Pentax then it is because (apparently since 2008) he has been using Pentax without being sponsored. That's a statement for the quality/usability of Pentax gear. If Pentax gave him lots of gifts, people would rightfully question whether he only uses Pentax because they sponsor him.

Well said!
And as a forum member I would take much more care when reading Ben's posts if he was sponsored.. As it is now, we know we get his honest opinion on things.
09-25-2010, 08:30 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
and if you didn't know already, sponsorships are common practice with all brands and in all areas. Just look at Nike, Nestle, TAMA, Fender, etc etc etc etc....
Maybe so, but sponsorship is an offer, not a given.
09-25-2010, 03:15 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Original Poster

Now is now... Since Pentax wants to go in a different direction, the vibe of THIS thread makes you, the OP, out to be a bitter, thank-less, 'dis-'loyal, jerk to me. If you see it as a celebration, well... that's

Again, the memories will be wonderful, but it's time to move on... Have a great life.

Ciao...
...and the same to you sir...may it be long and full of memorable experiences...

Last edited by benjikan; 09-25-2010 at 06:40 PM.
09-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #83
Veteran Member

Ciao...
"Jerk"? I just wonder: why this kind of language? Especially towards one of the most respected members of this forum, independently of whether we agree with his new decision and/or attitude or not... And all the more since, as far as I know, this member has always been elegant in expression with his PF interlocutors.

Last edited by causey; 09-26-2010 at 06:17 AM.
09-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #84
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by causey Quote
"Jerk"? I just wonder: why this kind of language? Especially towards one of the most respected members of this forum, independently of whether we agree with his new decision and/or attitude... And all the more since, as far as I know, this member has always been elegant in expression with his PF interlocutors.

I agree. Ben has never been a jerk to anyone here, and he has not "dissed" Pentax at all. I think he has shown a lot of restraint in his comments. Believe me, there are plenty of folks here that would indeed be jerks about something like this.
09-26-2010, 11:15 PM - 1 Like   #85
Loyal Site Supporter

Sometimes, you just can't say goodbye any other way....
a Very Long Goodbye
09-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #86
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
a Very Long Goodbye
Okay this is just killing me.
09-27-2010, 08:53 AM   #87
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
a Very Long Goodbye
This is so GOOD!!! LOL
09-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Inaccurate, but, I have to admit, pretty funny!
09-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #89
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I am preparing a Movie Response

and here it is called "I Want to Play": http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7230411/

Last edited by benjikan; 09-27-2010 at 09:51 AM.
09-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #90

you forgot to add the shot of the camera from the bubble gum dispenser mentioned in the third distribution channel thread!
Closed Thread