Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photo Books (US companies)

For those of you that do photo books for your clients (albums, whatever, you know, those bound things with printed pages that look like a regular published book but of your client's images), do you have a favorite company to work with? There are so many of them out there, before looking for one to use, I'd like to hear the thoughts of others on who is good, reasonable price, good turnaround time, as well as the ones to avoid.

01-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Come on out to WPPI in Vegas this year and you can see ALL OF THEM.

Literally - I think every book maker in the world is at the conference. Plus most will give you a pretty generous coupon to attendees who want to try them out.

I used Laguna Albums before and their quality was top knotch. But their turn-around was 4-8 weeks.

I do most of my albums through Millers. I just ordered a layflat pressbook from them on Saturday night and an email just came through to me that the book will be delivered to my door by tomorrow afternoon. Its hard to beat that for speed. Millers also has some nice paper options for the press books (I always use the same Endura paper for the flushmounts).
01-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
mel
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Yeah but see I'm trying to get my fellow forum members to narrow it down for me!!! There are a lot of them at the PDN show in NYC too but when I'm there I'm covering it as press and never get enough time to peruse as a photographer. I'd love to go for just me and check out all the fun stuff.

I'll take a look at Millers.
01-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Are you designing your own or looking at drag and drop templates?

Either way, you might want to look at WHCC. They too offer templates you can use to create your designs, or as we do, create your own and just send to print.