Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2011, 08:12 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I typed up my 27 page story for submission.......had Otis take a good look at it. Otis advised that it didn't hold the attention of a single Squirrel in his Million Squirrel Army for more than five seconds, and that it would be in the best interest of mankind if it never saw the light of day.
I never argue with Otis!
I do however, enjoy the stories of others, some are quite interesting!

Best Regards!

10-23-2011, 11:45 PM   #17
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Just an update- we haven't posted a Pentaxian story in a while! If there are any more pros out there who would like to share their stories, speak up

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #18

Well, I attended a photography class when I was 10. At that time I (my dad) had a Yashica Fx-7 SLR and I didnt know much about other camera brands, only Canon and Kodak. In that class, for the first time I heard about the brand "Pentax", actually at that time it was "Asahi Pentax".

My photography life had to be paused when my Yashica SLR broke. After I got a job, I was looking for buying a camera, a DSLR. My boss was going to sell his 1 year used DSLR and it fit my budget. So finally, I became a happy owner of a Pentax camera, a Pentax K20D.
01-16-2012, 04:33 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

For an old guy just coming back to a hobby this could be quite inspirational! Great idea!

02-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Going to give this thread a little bump. We just posted our first Pentaxian profile of the year, and I hope to hear from more of you guys soon- we know you're out there!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #21

Photos: Albums
Will write my story then send it to you ;-)
11-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #22

Photos: Gallery
feel free to feature me... I am fabulous and will add some much needed diversity (being female)
Charis Talbot Photography - Book I

11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by CharisVega Quote
feel free to feature me... I am fabulous and will add some much needed diversity (being female)
If you'd like in, please PM me a draft of original autobiographical blog post, and we'll take it from there! Here are examples of posts about photographers that have been featured in the past:
Pentaxian Profiles - PentaxForums.com Homepage Blog

And yes, a little bit of diversity would be great! Looking forward to hearing back!

Adam

10-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #24

Publicity

Hello,
My name is Marlena, Lena for short, and my website is lenamaxphotography. I shoot exclusively with Pentax, and my message is that it is every bit as good as one of those "other" cameras that seem to get all of the attention. My camera happens to be a K10D, which I bought on the forum from a pro in 2008. I had researched the heck out of various DSLRs, and what struck me was most was that pros who could shoot with newer models were still hanging on to their D10s because they "shot like film." The backward lens compatibility combined with in-camera anti-shake (not in the lens! Wow!) won me over . I still shoot with this same camera. I love it, but I also firmly believe that images are made, not taken.

My favorite work is conceptual portraiture. I would like to apply for the pentaxian feature, but like some of the others, cannot figure out the PM feature. The forum has changed a bit since I was last active! My website is lenamaxphoto.com, and I would like to apply.
Attached Images

05-21-2014, 06:35 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love when the client asks you what kind of camera you use.

My normal response is better glass than all your friends.
05-21-2014, 07:17 PM   #26
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lenamaxphoto Quote
Hello,
My name is Marlena, Lena for short, and my website is lenamaxphotography. I shoot exclusively with Pentax, and my message is that it is every bit as good as one of those "other" cameras that seem to get all of the attention. My camera happens to be a K10D, which I bought on the forum from a pro in 2008. I had researched the heck out of various DSLRs, and what struck me was most was that pros who could shoot with newer models were still hanging on to their D10s because they "shot like film." The backward lens compatibility combined with in-camera anti-shake (not in the lens! Wow!) won me over . I still shoot with this same camera. I love it, but I also firmly believe that images are made, not taken.

My favorite work is conceptual portraiture. I would like to apply for the pentaxian feature, but like some of the others, cannot figure out the PM feature. The forum has changed a bit since I was last active! My website is lenamaxphoto.com, and I would like to apply.
There's a link to PM me in the first post of this thread. You can also click on my username

Adam

10-29-2014, 05:01 AM   #27

Do a story/presentation of Kenneth Sporsheim. Kenspo on this forum. He's a norwegian rock/concert/music photographer.
In a world of Canikon, he's a Pentax guy. He's doing it for a living and is sponsored by Pentax.
03-09-2015, 02:48 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hufseking Quote
Do a story/presentation of Kenneth Sporsheim. Kenspo on this forum. He's a norwegian rock/concert/music photographer.
In a world of Canikon, he's a Pentax guy. He's doing it for a living and is sponsored by Pentax.
Maybe its time to do this?
09-30-2015, 01:24 PM   #29

Hello. I'm Reynerio Espinoza ,I am freelance i take pictures with the pentax k-x with the lens 18-55 mm , 50 mm and sigma 70-300 mm.
Recently a live im Brazil. My work\portfolio are in Facebook ( Reynerio Espinoza) and instagram (reynerioespinozaphoto) if you want to see my work.
I want become a photographer when i was in germany 2012-2013 i started with the smartphone but when i comingback to honduras i knew i need to buy a camera and i buy the pentax k-x and started to learn photography.
I think Ricoh Imaging Pentax is a good company, have a good cameras like the Pentax 67ii or pentax 645z .
Thank you!