Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Share your story on our homepage - "Pentaxian Profiles" + publicity!

If you have an interesting story to share about your experience with Pentax or professional photography, read on! We are looking to start a series of homepage posts sharing the story of a single Pentaxian and showcasing his/her work. Currently, we are looking to feature professional photographers who shoot with Pentax gear or who have been inspired by Pentax.

If you're interested in getting some added publicity by sharing your story with the community, please shoot me a PM with your ideas and we'll work something out!

Ideally, we'd like to make one detailed posting every two weeks. Thanks for looking!

Current profiles will appear on the the homepage as well as here: Pentaxian Profiles - PentaxForums.com Homepage Blog

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-28-2011, 03:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm surprised to see no replies to this thread. Did any one apply?
02-28-2011, 11:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

there are some out there, they are probably just too busy to check our forums...
03-02-2011, 08:10 PM - 1 Like   #4

I would be interested in the publicity but I'm not sure what you guys consider an interesting story. Do you really want to hear a dramatic story full of cliche like, "I'm a poor, shy, Romanian freelance artist and wannabe contortionist girl who moved to America to follow her dreams, and is struggling to learn on her own about marketing photography and starting a gift shop business while adapting to a new place with no friends and zero guidance" ? . I don't think this will bring me the publicity I want and I'm not sure what other story I could say...

03-03-2011, 09:37 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by MaryAD Quote
I would be interested in the publicity but I'm not sure what you guys consider an interesting story. Do you really want to hear a dramatic story full of cliche like, "I'm a poor, shy, Romanian freelance artist and wannabe contortionist girl who moved to America to follow her dreams, and is struggling to learn on her own about marketing photography and starting a gift shop business while adapting to a new place with no friends and zero guidance" ? . I don't think this will bring me the publicity I want and I'm not sure what other story I could say...
Well, I would like to hear from a Romanian contortionist girl! Even posting the gift shop stuff could be a good idea as I have found there are many accomplished profesioanls on this site from every career field that often offer excellent advice.

**By the way I love the "girl crying" photo and good job with the tears in PS!**
03-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
We've got four Pentaxians who will be sharing their story- keep the PMs coming after we post theirs!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-04-2011, 09:47 AM   #7

Hi, C-Factor! Alright, lol, thank you for the encouragement! I will give it a try then .

03-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Heh. Cool. Actually, I seem to have a tendency to assume I've already read sticky threads and ignore them too much. I've just noticed.

Admittedly, I''m not looking for publicity... Yet, at least. When I've got a site up or something, though...
03-11-2011, 10:09 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

I have a "SH-T" load of stories to share and certainly don't need the publicity. None the less give me a ping at info@benjaminkanarek.com

Best
Ben :-)
03-13-2011, 04:33 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I just started a photography company and it could use the exposure and I think people would like to read a blog about someone just starting out as a pro wedding tog, using pentax gear in a canikon world. I have some crazy stories already too :P
04-06-2011, 11:17 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Guess I'll fire Adam a PM and atake a crack at this.
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM   #12

Hmmmm, I don't have any odd stories, but simply a story of how I became a Pentax fan 5 years ago.
05-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is a great idea - you just have to find the time and effort to write the story. Doesn't have to be one with glitz or glamour (I know mine isn't ).
06-04-2011, 06:12 AM   #14
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
We have a few summer article openings in the second half of June- if anyone is interested in sharing their story, PM me!

Adam

07-07-2011, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

OK I'll bite, soon as I figure out HOW to PM you...strange, but I've never tried. I've replied to a few, but never tried to send one. How's that, computer expert who has no idea how to send a PM...lol...I'll figure it out though. If I can figure out how to build and repair these things I can certainly figure out this...

Don't know if my story is all that interesting, but might be decent enough, I'll try to do a decent job of it. At least you won't have to do a lot of editing, I'm pretty good with spelling and grammar, if you see a mistake it's only because I missed it...