Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Easy Release... model release app for iPhone, iPad & Android - has anyone tried it?

Just wondering if anyone has tried Easy Release for the iPhone, iPad or Android? It is a electronic form of a model release which integrates your phone's contacts list and forwards a PDF of the release to both you and the model/property owner/etc.

Easy Release, Professional Model and Property Release App for iPhone, iPad and Android

I'm thinking this could be a much more convenient way to collect releases. It's always a pain to lug around release forms and pens...

I will be buying it in the next day or two but wondered if anyone had played with it.

Mike

p.s. This is not spam and I am not associated with the maker of this app in any way. Just looks like a cool and useful tool.

03-22-2011, 07:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

looks cool to me as well, i'd be interested in any feedback as well
03-22-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Aye it looks good, not expensive, just need to get the words checked ("Same format and legal language used by the world's leading photo agencies like ALAMY, Getty Images and others.") on the release to make sure ones backside is truly covered.
03-22-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I bought and installed it today. Will give a report on the wording in the next day or 2. The test releases I have done have been easy and the interface is fairly intuitive.

03-23-2011, 11:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Definitely would like feedback. We always have folks sign model releases as part of our contracts but with this we'd be able to include anyone else who happens to need a model release.
03-27-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I have also recently bought and installed this, but I have yet to put it to legitimate use in the field. Would love to hear your feedback when you get to use it, and I'll try to share mine as well, whenever I put it to use.

Cheers,

Ben
03-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
OK... some feedback based on limited testing....

1. It's usable even on an iPhone but would be much better on an iPad sized device.

2. Again, as related to an iPhone the signature function does not produce a legible signature when using your finger to do the signing. This could be less of a problem on an iPad but I have no way to test that. I have ordered a conductive stylus to see if it helps make the signatures more legible.

3. The sample test releases I have done have all been legible (other than the signatures) and the option to include a photo of the model works well. Sending the PDFs from the phone has been flawless.

More testing to follow, but it's looking real slick so far.

Mike

03-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
More testing to follow, but it's looking real slick so far.
Thanks Mike looks like I'll give this a try this myself then.
06-12-2011, 08:23 AM   #9

I have used an app called ID Release:

ID Release FREE - create, store and send model releases

Nancy Wolff is the legal counsel for this one, so I figured the language must be good. I have only had a chance to use it on a shoot once, but it worked well. The model had a little bit of a problem typing on my iPhone since he hadn't used one, but it was fine in the end. It emailed a pdf to both of us, which was convenient.

It was somewhat awkward waiting for him to struggle through typing in his information, but it's great having the model release on the spot.

Mars