Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #781
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wish Pentax brought back TETHERING to their cameras... I wonder why even the K-5 and 645D don't have it O__o

11-21-2011, 05:00 AM   #782
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
I wish Pentax brought back TETHERING to their cameras... I wonder why even the K-5 and 645D don't have it O__o
The K-5 supports tethering. There hasn't been official software support from Pentax for the computer side a while now, but search for "PK Remote" and "PK_Tether" and you'll find software which will allow to tether the K-5.
11-21-2011, 07:06 PM   #783
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The K-5 supports tethering. There hasn't been official software support from Pentax for the computer side a while now, but search for "PK Remote" and "PK_Tether" and you'll find software which will allow to tether the K-5.
Yup I use PK tether on my K-x and I believe it also works for the K-5, but of course Pentax's own software can do better than that (it should) if they're to release one. I mean, looking at the grade of current Pentax cameras, I'm sure a lot of professionals can use tethering especially the 645D - which, for a "pro grade" camera, doesn't carry that feature, (by Pentax, officially) and it's kind of a key point missing with the 645D.
11-29-2011, 01:18 PM   #784
Pentaxian

Dear Pentax,

would you buy the K-5 if you had to pay the equivalent of US$ 1,898 for a K-5 & 18-55mm kit? That's 140.6% of what people in the US pay. Or would you pay the equivalent of US$ 2,726 for a K-5 & 18-135mm kit? That's 167% of what people in the US pay for a K-5 plus separate 18-135mm lens.

Seems unrealistic to expect much sales in New Zealand, if mark ups are this high.

11-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #785
Pentaxian

Dear Pentax,

Whoops, no, sorry, too late. I had to switch to get what I wanted.

Miss you.
12-04-2011, 03:05 AM - 1 Like   #786

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
Dear Pentax,

Whoops, no, sorry, too late. I had to switch to get what I wanted.

Miss you.
Dear Pentax,

I thought APS-C was 'good enough' until I looked through a D700 and a D3x. Looking through an APS-C viewfinder is like having tunnel vision.

All other issues are minor or trivial to me, and I find the larger view probably the biggest factor in my pending switch, most likely to a D800.

Hurry up Pentax!
12-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #787
Forum Member

I agree, I live near a film "institute" in NYC, and see the DSLR'S the scool is buying in bulk, Cannon 5, and 7"s, and now sony has taken over with a new range of small bread boxes, that are made for Motion Pictures. The Pentax D5 is a beautiful machine, trying to do to much. Maybe a stripped down D5 with a FF sensor, and sripped down capabilities. It could actualy use the apature ring, only. A large , bright mirror box, full manual compatability with the old M and A lenses, and no video. All the top controls can be like the LX, exept a winder. Keep the shake reduction, and focus assist, and a white balance button, point it at something white and press the button. Maybe have two white balance memories so you can go from room to room , or indoors to outdoors, and have the camera pre adjusted. Press the button twice for B and three times for C., or something as easy as that.
the other body could be built up from the bottom up, with a great video section, and manual use of lenses, among all the other bells and wistles. There could be two versions one with FF, the other unchanged. Everybody is happy.

Last edited by valarie; 12-08-2011 at 06:22 PM.
12-16-2011, 05:50 AM   #788

You know what, I'm not fussed between APS-C and 135 in sensor size. I just need a bigger, brighter OVF. Surely there's a good engineering solution for that for APS-C!
12-17-2011, 01:39 AM   #789

QuoteOriginally posted by Mohawk Quote
You know what, I'm not fussed between APS-C and 135 in sensor size. I just need a bigger, brighter OVF. Surely there's a good engineering solution for that for APS-C!
You can get a thinner/brighter focusing screen as an aftermarket upgrade to current existing cameras. Trouble is, it might throw off your meter- but theoretically they could make a thinner and better focusing screen and adjust the meter for it to allow the optical view finder to be brighter.
12-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #790

Photos: Gallery
Small idea but remove the edial and use.....

I have seen a small track pad on a number of smartphones (e.g some of the Blackberry non touch screen models) and have often thought that would be a much better device than the edial as it looks like it does not use elevtrical contacts.
12-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #791
Veteran Member

DA* 20 f1.8

My mother-in-law send a new sharee for her daughter from Bangladesh and she wanted to send her back a photo wearing that sharee. So... I took out my best lens FA31 and put it on my k-x and tried to take a whole body shot. Check out the attached photo . Of course my wife and her mother are highly disappointed with milk jar at the background . I thought that will vanished by pixidust.
So pentax please give us good lens in the neighborhood of 20mm with large aparture so that we can take good full body portraits with crop sensor body.
Attached Images

12-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #792
Inactive Account

RICOH could concentrate on the K-5, and the development of a new model to obtain 2012.
12-29-2011, 04:45 PM   #793
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Dear Pentax,
Please provide the necessary software to allow me to use the Lightroom "Tethered Capture" facility....just like Nikon & Canon users can. To help your engineers, please view the Adobe TV Lightroom educational video that shows how easy IT SHOULD BE !!! Come on, you're smart people (allegedly) so lets get this one written into the firmware ASAP.

(note to other readers: I am aware of PK Tether, but am put off by some user reviews talking of it how it completely takes over the camera and the ease with which some default settings were mixed up). Happy to try it if I can be assured these issues have been resolved.)
01-06-2012, 05:02 PM   #794
Banned

Photos: Gallery
USB 3.0 port

It would be great if future camera would have a USB 3.0 port. So we don't have to hassle with taking cards out of the camera to put them into a cardreader to upload to our computer. Just plug a USB 3.0 cord and transfer images (and video) on full speed from the camera to our PC.

Thank you.
01-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #795
Inactive Account

Peilittömissä on kaikki hienoudet, vain kamera puuttuu.