Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
03-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #1066
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Endorse them with the words "Pentax, we'll capture your every move".... )

03-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #1067
Forum Member

My Pentax wish is for a Monochrome only DSLR. Like the Leica M-Monochome.
You wouldn't need a Bayer filter, you could use all colour pixels that make up a single pixel, that would mean the 16 megapixel sensor we use today, would give us 64 Megapixels in B&W
Now wouldn't that grab headlines!
04-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #1068

My wish is for a weatherproof, AA filterless full frame compact with a built in OVF and a fixed 31mm f1.8 lens. An LX-1.
04-02-2013, 02:22 AM   #1069
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mohawk Quote
My wish is for a weatherproof, AA filterless full frame compact with a built in OVF and a fixed 31mm f1.8 lens. An LX-1.
I think this is a great idea.

04-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #1070
twr

Me too. Plus a speed dial and retro design.
04-02-2013, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #1071
Veteran Member

License the Tamron 28-75 and/or 17-50 (like the 18-270), add Quickshift & WR and sell it to me.

Last edited by Boris_Akunin; 04-08-2013 at 08:11 AM.
04-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #1072

AF adjustment

Please, could you expand the AF adjustment at least +/-20? Current +/-10 is not sufficient. Cheers

04-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #1073

LX-1

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think this is a great idea.
QuoteOriginally posted by twr Quote
Me too. Plus a speed dial and retro design.
Thanks!

Such a product should build on Pentax' strengths:
1. Cachet of the Limited lenses, particularly the 31. It would be a masterstroke if they can use a similar optical formula and deliver the same image quality.
2. Compact, classic design with good ergonomics (K-01 is arguably an exception).
3. For (ab)using in the outdoors.

But then again there is that certain playfulness with the recent multitude of colourful DSLRs, so I'd like one in screaming metallic orange. With brass top and bottom plates.

Cheers,
\\\M///

Last edited by Mohawk; 04-02-2013 at 05:10 PM.
04-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #1074
Banned

With brass top and bottom plates
Or titanium?
04-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #1075
Banned

Thanks!

Such a product should build on Pentax' strengths:
1. Cachet of the Limited lenses, particularly the 31. It would be a masterstroke if they can use a similar optical formula and deliver the same image quality.
2. Compact, classic design with good ergonomics (K-01 is arguably an exception).
3. For (ab)using in the outdoors.

But then again there is that certain playfulness with the recent multitude of colourful DSLRs, so I'd like one in screaming metallic orange. With brass top and bottom plates.

Cheers,
\\\M///
A LX-1 as a big brother to the MX-1? So the same kind of body with brass on top, but then wheaterseald body. Personally I would like a little longer then 31mm, but it would be possible.
04-03-2013, 04:05 PM   #1076

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
A LX-1 as a big brother to the MX-1? So the same kind of body with brass on top, but then wheaterseald body. Personally I would like a little longer then 31mm, but it would be possible.
Exactly. Options would be a 35mm/2 or a 43mm/1.9. A 35mm/1.4 a la Summilux would be mega.
04-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #1077
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Exactly. Options would be a 35mm/2 or a 43mm/1.9. A 35mm/1.4 a la Summilux would be mega.
I have a feeling — and nothing else than that — that there may be a line of APS-C cameras in the MX-1 type body. But with optional EVF. Maybe they will be named MX-10, or take LX-1, or similar nomenclature based on old Pentax models they borrow some looks from.
I hope I'm wrong, though, because I couldn't resist one.
04-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #1078
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I have a feeling — and nothing else than that — that there may be a line of APS-C cameras in the MX-1 type body. But with optional EVF. Maybe they will be named MX-10, or take LX-1, or similar nomenclature based on old Pentax models they borrow some looks from.
I hope I'm wrong, though, because I couldn't resist one.
What I hope for is a pentax full frame camera & an update to the da limited prime lenses.

I think these lenses could be a much bigger attraction point for Pentax if they marketed them properly. Just look at the success of the Fuji x100 camera with retro styling and also this new metal sigma 30mm 1.4 lens.
04-14-2013, 12:12 AM   #1079
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dear Pentax,
I hope things are going well with the new parents.
A while back you sent us a stop-gap release of the K5II and the K5IIs. These are fine cameras not doubt and make great upgrades for people with older gear.
But there are a lot of us who have the K5 Classic, and are finding it hard to justify the cost of the upgrade. So we're patiently waiting for your next big announcement.
However our patience can only go so far. We love our Pentax gear; we really, honestly do. But with all this other great gear coming on the market from other makers, while you release weird mirrorless hybrids, glorified (although very good) point'n'shoots, and old models re-done in pointless new colours - the grass on the other side is looking greener and greener.
Pentax, please dont put the years of loyalty your customers have given you in the 'not important' basket. These customers are the ones that keep your name out there. But currently they are leaving in their droves.

Regards,
Lurch
04-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #1080

My wishes would be driven by cost, IQ, simplicity and extreme compactness.
But if get into this thread it’s because Pentax / Ricoh makes already a lot of things right.

Among others :
Pentax is the only manufacturer who provides power with standard LR6 batteries and that feature to me is very important. I would say it’s mandatory. The best camera become useless after few years if you cannot get a new battery, and if I buy a camera it’s for a reasonably long term.
Ricoh’s M module for the GXR is an obvious winning option, a lot of these lenses are on the market and owners do not want to part with them simply because they are excellent and they don’t have any “normal” body to mount them on.
Both know what photography is all about, they aren’t run as much by marketing people god sake!

Simplicity :
-Get back to the wheels you have always had on film cameras, simple, straightforward, modes A-S-M and add auto ISO with selectable limit.
-Simplify the electronics, scenes modes are just an offense to photographers and do not help beginners. Light measurements do not need “77 segments” to finally make it wrong. Get back to the simple center weight and spot but with free adjustable size of the spot.
-This spot would also be used for focusing then this would also become dead simple and efficient.
-Suppress the viewfinder but make sure you place the best back screen available and protect it from light intrusion with the very very cheap folding device with lupe you find for years on Hasselblad and Rollei twin lenses, that easy and efficient. Make it articulated of course.
-Suppress exposure compensation, useless when you can change aperture and shutter speed with the simple wheels we had on film cameras.

IQ :
-Use the best sensor/treatment available and keep it into an air tight dust proof compartment. At no moment should we be able to touch the sensor. This way cleaning could be done with a simple optical brush/tissue, bye bye sensor shifting and complex inefficient cleaning process.

Notes :
-Cameras today are wrongly used, people are all the time set in some auto mode and wish to have more features to compensate this or that. Auto is ok for 20% of the time only, when parameters are just straight forward and easy, otherwise they should be in manual mode and this is so most of the time. In manual you can get fixed parameters until you have only one adjustment to do, you win time and pleasure, avoid frustration.
But as for everything, you won’t drive a car without learning, photography need basic knowledge and an innovative action could be that manufacturers get involved with this, explaining their customers how to use their products.