Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 102 Likes Search this Thread
09-22-2013, 08:52 PM - 1 Like   #1186
Inactive Account

Make mine with retro-look/feel in the form of a Pentax MX, let's call it: MX-D.

With APS-C, OVF, PASM, ISO, EV, 1/6000 to Bulb and no other fluffy in-body software. Just a no non-sense camera. I live for the day.

09-28-2013, 03:54 AM - 2 Likes   #1187
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dear Pentax,

release the new cameras please, it's October 2013 already! lol
10-03-2013, 03:19 AM - 1 Like   #1188
Pentaxian

Support Firmware "Downgrade"

Dear Pentax,

can you please allow users to revert to an older firmware?

The camera could ask for confirmation if the firmware on the card is older than the one installed, but it should proceed with the firmware replacement, if the user confirms that they want to install the older firmware.

It is really, really great that you keep offering new firmware upgrades, but sometimes a user may decide -- after trying an upgrade -- that the old version was better for them after all. Why not enable the "undo" option?
10-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #1189
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Dear Pentax,

release the new cameras please, it's October 2013 already! lol
Yes I agree! Dear Pentax, please please add manual controls (ISO, shutterspeed) to video please!

10-07-2013, 05:39 AM   #1190
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cream Quote
Yes I agree! Dear Pentax, please please add manual controls (ISO, shutterspeed) to video please!
My prayer seems to have been answered... now as for manual video controls.... that remains to be seen.
10-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #1191
Forum Member

My prayer seems to have been answered... now as for manual video controls.... that remains to be seen.
ah... I hope!
10-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #1192
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
It is really, really great that you keep offering new firmware upgrades, but sometimes a user may decide -- after trying an upgrade -- that the old version was better for them after all. Why not enable the "undo" option?
this actually looks great. I feel like the disco-light pulse of the older K-5 IIs firmware made it lock focus in the dark faster than the flashlight-type it does now

10-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #1193
Forum Member

this actually looks great. I feel like the disco-light pulse of the older K-5 IIs firmware made it lock focus in the dark faster than the flashlight-type it does now
I noticed several updated for my k-5 on ricoh website... i upgraded to the latest one... has anyone tried downloading an earlier version and "upgrading" with it? maybe somehow it will work...
10-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #1194
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cream Quote
has anyone tried downloading an earlier version and "upgrading" with it? maybe somehow it will work...
The latest firmware update includes all the previous ones. If you try to use an older one, the camera figures out that it is an older firmware than the one it is running, and refuses to use it. But you can hack the update file and trick the camera into thinking its a newer version and it will "update" to an older firmware. But it is at your own risk, as the hacking is unreliable and it might ruin your camera. I think there are some threads or some posts on blogs about this.
10-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #1195
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
The latest firmware update includes all the previous ones. If you try to use an older one, the camera figures out that it is an older firmware than the one it is running, and refuses to use it. But you can hack the update file and trick the camera into thinking its a newer version and it will "update" to an older firmware. But it is at your own risk, as the hacking is unreliable and it might ruin your camera. I think there are some threads or some posts on blogs about this.
okay! i don't want to do that. i was just trying to help others ^^ and i'm switching to k-3 anyway...
10-08-2013, 04:31 AM - 1 Like   #1196
Pentaxian

Dear Pentax,

thank you for the K-3. After a number of releases that didn't cater to your classic customer type, you finally delivered with an extremely attractive DSLR with revolutionary technology. Thank you for not forgetting your classic customer base.

I hope the press will give you the credit this great camera deserves and that it will be an overwhelming commercial success.
10-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #1197
Pentaxian

Dear Pentax,

what happened when you designed the D-BG5?

It is absolutely necessary that my right thumb finds the buttons without my head thinking about it.

Yet, on the D-BG5 the AF button position is different to where it is on the K-3. That is an ergonomic catastrophe, AFAIC. I love my D-BG4 on my K-5 II but cannot imagine to ever be not frustrated about the D-BG-5 forcing me to be conscious about which way I'm holding my camera.

Are you planning to alleviate this issue through making grip and/or camera buttons customisable? If you allowed swapping the functions of the green button and the AF button on the K-3 or the AF and the AE-L button on the grip that would help.

Last edited by Class A; 10-19-2013 at 08:57 PM.
10-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #1198
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I miss the K-20D's SR toggle switch.
10-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #1199
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
AOL! But I only turn SR off when working very close with the DA35 Macro. It seems like the SR doesn't properly compensate for the longer FL of that lens when used very close. Pentax - can you fix that in firmware?
10-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #1200
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
With the K-3 I think you can reassign the Fx button as a SR toggle switch.