Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2014, 08:16 AM   #1231
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bobandirus Quote
Dear Pentax,

If you put the internals of the Ricoh GR into a super-A sized body, I'd buy it in a heartbeat, if I could afford it. It'd just need weather resistance, in body anti shake, and a split prism. I'd happily lose in body auto focus. Call the mount KAF-3, and use it in compact bodies. I'd even be very happy for the body to grow a mm in each direction to gain weather sealing. Olympus managed weather resistance in the OM-D. You could even use micro-sd cards to save some space.
Pentax managed this in the diminutive LX.

---------- Post added 03-09-14 at 11:38 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
1. Just get rid of any cover over the cable release socket;

2. Better: put on a metal release button with a threaded socket for a traditional mechanical cable release - how difficult or expensive can this be????

3. On the base, add a little hole for a video pin to prevent twisting with either quick release plates or tripod heads that have this little, simple, cheap, sensible, extremely effective feature. Why on earth was this not standard decades ago?? AND DO NOT SAY IT TAKES UP TOO MUCH ROOM, the excuse given during the film age (...it would interfere with the film winding mechanism... HA!).

4. An articulated or at least tilting screen, and don't tell me it would make the camera too bulky which is not the Pentax "style."
Ageree, on cable release, and was startled there was none when I bought my K-01,
my silky smooth minolta short mechanical cable release, and my 3 footer became obsolete (in the digital world) overnight.

As for the articulating screen, I think it would be prone to breakage, the same reason pro 35mm (D)SLR,s never had on board flashes. Just a guess, why they may never do it.

Last edited by valarie; 03-09-2014 at 08:43 AM.
03-30-2014, 01:16 AM   #1232
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Suggested elsewhere (and maybe here)

Have the BF button wake the camera up.
03-30-2014, 06:05 AM   #1233
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by valarie Quote
As for the articulating screen, I think it would be prone to breakage,
Nonsense--I had a camera with one back in the 20th century. If I didn't break it, it's not particularly vulnerable.
03-31-2014, 04:38 AM   #1234

Could we have faster playback image review on K- series, please?

03-31-2014, 07:37 PM   #1235
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Nonsense--I had a camera with one back in the 20th century. If I didn't break it, it's not particularly vulnerable.
Yes, in pro. hands, that pay 30g for a full sized Hi -def -camera, the articulating screen is used for white balance confirmation, and put back in its holster! It is not used fot shooting! Do you think Pentax is going to extend this amount of trust to prosumers? I do not think so, nor do I think they should!
04-01-2014, 05:16 AM   #1236
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by valarie Quote
Yes, in pro. hands, that pay 30g for a full sized Hi -def -camera, the articulating screen is used for white balance confirmation, and put back in its holster! It is not used fot shooting! Do you think Pentax is going to extend this amount of trust to prosumers? I do not think so, nor do I think they should!
No, no, no--I'm no prosumer I misstated the dates--it was in the early 2000's but it was very much a consumer camera--probably around $200. I'm rough on things and the articulating screen seemed pretty sturdy.
06-04-2014, 01:58 AM - 1 Like   #1237
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bebeka Quote
Dear Pentax. Please come back to 16 MP sensor. Or at least give us option to save some kind of smaller RAW files.
A K-5 III would be great ! Same sensor, no AA filter, new AF, new metering and two SD slots.

BTW some enhancements :
- if you could add jpeg sizes for HD, Full HD and 4K, for timelapses.
- show bright/dark area, when checked in playback menu, for multi exposures.
- please correct the exif to register all the multi exposure times not only the last one.
- Show a countdown for long exposures (5-30 sec) and a counter for B mode on the top screen.

06-04-2014, 05:31 AM - 1 Like   #1238

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
A K-5 III would be great ! Same sensor, no AA filter, new AF, new metering and two SD slots.
That sounds like a 16mpix k-3.

R
06-04-2014, 08:31 AM   #1239
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Iberia Quote
That sounds like a 16mpix k-3.
Yeah ! But I prefer the K-5 body...
06-04-2014, 10:47 AM   #1240

I have yet to pick up a k-3 so I don't have any real preference but I see no other shortcomings on the k-3 apart from the shorter battery life and perhaps the larger file sizes.

For me, a k-5 upgrade would require a taller grip, increased viewfinder magnification (perhaps 1.10x), a faster processor and since I don't really care much for live view or video they could leave those out to reduce weight and price.

R

Last edited by Iberia; 06-04-2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: typo
06-05-2014, 12:11 AM   #1241
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Iberia Quote
[snip]... and since I don't really care much for live view or video they could leave those out to reduce weight and price.
No screen at all as in the film days
06-05-2014, 07:49 AM   #1242
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aps-h

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote

BTW some enhancements :
- if you could add jpeg sizes for HD, Full HD and 4K, for timelapses.
- show bright/dark area, when checked in playback menu, for multi exposures.
- please correct the exif to register all the multi exposure times not only the last one.
- Show a countdown for long exposures (5-30 sec) and a counter for B mode on the top screen.
The Nikon D800 can take APS-C photos at 15 megapixels or so. A 24 megapixel APS-H could crop a photo to an APS-C. It would seem to me to be a good solution for Pentax lens compatibility and an advantage for lower light and higher ISOs. Eventually I will look into buying a FF or an APS-H if an 1.3x crop sensor camera is available.
07-07-2014, 04:30 AM - 1 Like   #1243
Veteran Member

Dear Pentax,

If you have the time, or resources, to spare,

I hope you make a video-oriented K-01 successor... and if you have more cash from Ricoh, probably revive some glass from the Super Takumar line as cine lenses please?
09-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #1244
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Dear Pentax,

It could be nice to have a flash unit that takes the same Lithium batteries as the camera itself. It would be beneficial in many senses:
- Faster charging rate because Lithium batteries can provide higher currents
- Fewer chargers for me to keep around
- Ability to exchange batteries between a camera and the flash. I could take only one spare battery to a shooting session and replace the one which is depleted sooner, or do even more advanced trick:
- Make the flash and the camera can join their batteries into a single power source, the same way as with a battery grip. It could provide even higher currents to charge the flash even faster and deplete batteries evenly, getting the longest possible camera/flash runtime on a single charge.

I also wish WG-M1 was a little bit more innovative product. You could get rid of doors and covers on a camera and make it waterproof to deeper depths:
- the camera battery could charge via Qi wireless charging.
- since there would be no need to remove the battery from the camera, the battery wouldn't need a shell and could have way higher capacity in the same volume
- Pictures could be downloaded from the camera via Wi-Fi or other wireless protocol. Memory is pretty inexpensive these days, you could solder it to the main board.
09-26-2014, 03:13 AM   #1245

To make things simple, it is said tat one picture can tell more than thousand words, so I guess video can tell even more.

So dear Rocoh Pentax, I believe you would increase your sales if you put this into your cameras, video capturing features can no longer be ignored.