Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 99 Likes Search this Thread
01-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #436
Inactive Account

Dear Pentax we want cheap 35mm, 50mm i 85mm...

01-21-2010, 01:48 AM   #437
Forum Member

DFA* 24 1.4 please & new AF 540FGZ II
01-21-2010, 04:10 AM   #438

Photos: Gallery
A pro version of the K-7.

Call it K-7S or K-7i if you like.
The small makeover: just put in the sensor (and appropriate electronics/firmware) from the K-x. This alone would make it a significantly better camera.
Next step: Clean up the button arrangements - move the LW-function to where it was on the K20D – worked well – dedicate the rocking controller to the choice of focusing point (again, like the K20D), adjust the stiffness and stops of the AF point switching dial (too stiff now). If you get too many buttons, remove those concerning only JPEG adjustments (WB and Custom Image) and playback. The RAW button could also be re-purposed as it's now easy to switch between formats in the control panel.
Only what is needed to get a correct exposure and focusing really has to have a dedicated button/lever. Shake reduction should have one.
Well, and the final wish: a faster, more reliable focusing system. But I know that costs more. Don't make us wait for the other improvements just because this probably cannot be achieved.
01-23-2010, 11:32 AM   #439

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dear Pentax,

All we need is to give Pentax the real image. Why would people bay a Pentax? The products are great, but the of N, C, S, O and P are also great. So make some great marketing.

And keap the camera's small. Make Pentax 'the' outdoor make. join with Garmin (or something else) for gps. Sell a raincoat etc.

01-23-2010, 08:00 PM   #440
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Corros Quote
And keep the camera's small.
But not too small, please.

I don't like the fact that fitting all of my fingers on the K-7 grip feels just a little tight. Not sure if adding a D-BG4 grip would change things but I wouldn't want to always attach the battery grip anyhow. The K-7 with the size of the K20D would be fantastic (but same K-7 build quality, please). Please get rid of the rubber doors (look/feelscheap!) and add more manoeuvring space to the SD-card slot while you're at it.

Also, I'm not convinced having no buttons on the left side of the LCD is the best solution. It may save space but I like to be able to operate the camera with both hands in parallel and give the right hand a rest while the left hand can do something.

Last edited by Class A; 01-30-2010 at 06:40 PM.
01-25-2010, 11:43 PM   #441
Forum Member

Dear pentax,

Please add the new eye-fi compatible feature in ALL future cameras. So that i can forget the stupid cables and get my card hanging when the tether software hangs. Not to mention shooting blind with the usb attached and not able to save on both card and pc.
01-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #442

Has anyone "requested" OR would anyone USE a tilt-able (or better yet a tilt AND swivel) LCD screen? I routinely use the ones on my bridge cameras for both shooting AND playback. A swivel type would "do a 180" for screen protection as well... (only Sony, the Nikon D5000 and MAYBE others I don't know of have them on a DSLR).

01-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #443
Veteran Member

Ditch Samsung and your crappy ISO stain goes away....
01-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #444

QuoteOriginally posted by Normpixel Quote
Has anyone "requested" OR would anyone USE a tilt-able (or better yet a tilt AND swivel) LCD screen? I routinely use the ones on my bridge cameras for both shooting AND playback. A swivel type would "do a 180" for screen protection as well... (only Sony, the Nikon D5000 and MAYBE others I don't know of have them on a DSLR).
Olympus has some models with T&S screens
02-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #445
Veteran Member

Pentax if you don't intend to release a Full Frame camera then please give us some updated version of the FA limiteds by this I mean some FAST primes F/1.2 - F/1.8 Then give them SDM or a new version of SDM something a bit more like sigma HSM. And then is room left weatherseal them.

My most important thing is SDM / HSM it's so annoying having that whirl noise of the slot drive focus when your in a quiet environment. In my case if nothing comes out over the next year or two I will buy sigma's prime lenses.
02-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #446

Lenses

I'm a happy owner of a k7 and i think that the current lineup is ok. Don't make a k7 super becouse a lot of people will way it's not much of a improvement. Just make another generation of camera's as you want it.

What i want is what people often request here: lenses!!
I've tested the 16-50/2,8 but it wasen't enough for me. I'd like a zoom like 17-50/4 or even shallower in range like 17-45/4 but make it superior in quality ( mostlly sharpnnes and contrast ) or maybe a 17-60/4 to couple the 60-250.

What i'd like to see is new * primes 35mm, 20mm, 14mm but not bulky version but something small and portable. You've made that kind of lenses before.

Also please continue to instal in lenses both screw drive and SDM, becouse SDM ain't quite fast it would be perfect to let the user decide unless he want stealth or speed.

By the way thanks, k7 even surpases my needs.
02-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #447
Inactive Account

Saraf reminded me ... in the next FW update it would be great to have an option to choose between SDM or screw-drive. My DA* 50-135mm has problems focusing for a while when freshly mounted on the camera (tried on K10D, K-7 and K20D) and I'd love to have it focus via the screw-drive motor.
The lens is trying to focus but it's just moving like something is preventing it from moving. The lens hasn't been dropped or damaged in any way. After some torturing of the focus ring the lens finally starts to focus at the regular speed. I've taken it in for repairs but the shop did nothing and the problem remains.

BTW, the K-7 battery life is out of this world! I went on a ski holiday for a week to France and the temperatures were ranging from -10 °C to -20 °C (altitude 1600 m - 3200 m). I skied with my camera in a regular mountain backpack so the camera got really cold and the mg-alloy was very unpleasant to hold in my bare hands. It's true that I didn't take many photos but I did a lot of video recording - even while skiing. After a week at those conditions the two batteries still say they're full and I've also done some shots for work after that and went for a short hike ... still no change and reading full battery charge.

INSANE battery life ... the K10D was great in that department, the K-7 is even better.
02-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #448

Please let us sync faster than 1/180! Add this option in a next firmware, disabled by default so users do not think that their camera can't sync correctly at high speeds but can activate it if they wish. That'd be awesome.

Oh and add a chronometer on the screen for long exposures and Bulb mode so we know how long we're exposing!

Thanks!
02-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #449
Forum Member

make more primes! i mean cheap wide primes!
02-18-2010, 05:08 AM   #450

Concerning dual SD/SDHC cards

I haven't read the whole thread because I stumbled at this very, very, VERY good idea. There are so many interesting usages with multiple memory card. First off is the extra capacity for storing images but then there's also the ability to mirror all the files so that you have two copies in case one card should go corrupt.

You can also boost the cameras speed while shooting series, especially in RAW. Because you have two cards, with some other hardware and software (not very much I believe), there would be possible two write two images at a time, one to each memory card. That would approximately give twice the longest possible series without having to slow down due to full buffer memory.

This is something REALLY interesting and shouldn't be too nightmarish to pull through. Why aren't all cameras already using this?