Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2011, 03:13 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Top 10 Signs of a Bad Photographer | Pixiq <<== clicky linky for story

#0 -- The "anything goes" mentality -- more crap produced in the last 15 years than the previous 100 years.
#9 -- One who says they'll just "fix it" in Lightroom/Photoshop later after a bad exposure. And anyone who uses 'Photoshop' as a verb.
Phew! That's a relief! I always use the verb "to Gimp"...

[url=http://www.pixiq.com/article/top-10-signs-of-a-bad-photographer]
My telltale sign is, using a kit zoom on a bright day without a lens hood.
It's not my fault: Hoods and lens caps hate me. They leave me. On purpose I'm sure - it has happened more than a dozen times by now... One hood (for my Bigma) even jumped out of the window of a bird hide and entered a swamp to get away from me. Got that one back though, it will have to try harder.

11-07-2011, 04:48 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Phew! That's a relief! I always use the verb "to Gimp"...
But if you talk about gimp photographers, you'll likely hear from their attorneys.

QuoteQuote:
It's not my fault: Hoods and lens caps hate me.
That reminds me of a very important function of the lens cap: To let you know if you can take a picture. With an RF or VF camera, you can't tell right away if the cap is on; you can with an SLR. There's nothing quite like whipping out your Yashica Lynx and snapping off a few shots... of people pointing at you and laughing.

But that's not a good reason to let lens caps escape, is it? No; on SLRs, lens caps are our friends. Especially the way I throws stuff in my carry-bag.

ObTopic:
Anyone who shoves a camera in my face is a bad photographer. Or maybe a dead one.
11-08-2011, 05:43 AM - 1 Like   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

B

But that's not a good reason to let lens caps escape, is it? No; on SLRs, lens caps are our friends. Especially the way I throws stuff in my carry-bag.
Well I want to be friends - it's the caps that don't like me! As for the hoods, I almost made up my mind to glue some of them on, particularly my Bigma - can't imagine when I would need it off. Of course then there is NO way it will fit in my bag anymore - but then it also won't be scratched from lack of a cap, so that's all good.

On your original topic, my favorite peeve with not-so-committed photographers is their failure to SORT digital images. I can live through 30 sloppy party shots with pop-up flash overexposed backs-of-heads in the foreground, chopped off feet and painful point-and-shoot high iso scenes, but you never get that. Because the memory card had room for 300 of these party shots, so obviously they need to show you ALL of those. Including the one of the table, when the shutter released by accident...

On the upside: Really poor photographers always make me feel talented, in spite of all other evidence!
11-08-2011, 02:15 PM   #49
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
On the upside: Really poor photographers always make me feel talented, in spite of all other evidence!
+1!

Remember, half the population is below average. So half of us have plenty to look down upon and feel superior to.

11-08-2011, 04:55 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photographers

What makes you think you will find photographers on a forum like this? I think it's aimed at Pentax users, not photographers, or did I misread that?
11-08-2011, 08:53 PM   #51
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by keithlester Quote
did I misread that?
Hi

You did! ... and speak for yourself.

Greetings
11-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What makes you think you will find photographers on a forum like this? I think it's aimed at Pentax users, not photographers,
That could be a true statement.

11-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
That could be a true statement.
Heck it's a forum with people spending more time typing than snapping (I'm guilty )
11-10-2011, 02:20 PM   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What makes you think you will find photographers on a forum like this? I think it's aimed at Pentax users, not photographers, or did I misread that?
Funny - but seriously I have picked up a lot of very good practical photography advice in this forum, both for product photography, star photography and wildlife photography. Besides: If you doubt you'll find photographers in here, stop by the galleries. There is a LOT of great stuff in there, captured by photographers way above my skill level.

But hey - maybe your standards are simply higher than mine...
11-11-2011, 06:47 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
+1!

Remember, half the population is below average. So half of us have plenty to look down upon and feel superior to.
Half the population is below the mean.
11-11-2011, 07:00 AM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Half the population is below the mean.
Ha, half the population just is mean
11-12-2011, 08:37 AM   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Ha, half the population just is mean
Now, Eddie, that's just being... ...oh, wait...