Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

PDN PhotoPlus Expo

This weekend in NYC. Who's going? It would be cool to meetup with other people and hang out. I'll be there all day friday and saturday, and have a relatively open itinerary. Let me know if you'll be there!

Cheers,

Ben

10-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ill be there Friday all day.

Gonna grab a sunrise early before I get there. Is Pentax gonna be there? I hope so.
10-27-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Pentax is there and their booth is bigger than before (well they're together with Ricoh this year). I'll post some pics on behalf of someone I know who went

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-28-2011, 03:51 AM   #4
mel
Veteran Member

I was there all day yesterday providing live coverage for the pub I work on with Brendan PK. Pentax is giving away leather cases for the Q if you bring yours to show them. It's a sweet little case. Not quite half the Pentax set up is Ricoh and there was a Ricoh rep or two there. But it seemed like there were mostly Pentax personnell that I remember from other shows. Brendan and I had a nice nice chat with Ned regarding the future, lens wish lists, and the new situation with Ricoh.

10-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Btw, this thread should be in the general photo section

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-28-2011, 08:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
So they didn't announce anything? That is a shame.
10-28-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Well it's the Q they are bringing. Same was for the Paris show. They said there that there would be no new products this year.

I did hear (from another source) that there is a replacement for K-r on it's way. But that isn't to surprizing.

10-28-2011, 04:51 PM   #8

Seems like nothing new till next year. The q is awesome but way overpriced.
10-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I should've checked back in with this thread, sometime during the weekend. D'oh!

Hope everyone had a good time! I thought the event was pretty fun and cool, but it kind of felt like it lacked a lot of energy compared to last year. Might have just been the weather, kind of sucks it out of you. But there also wasn't really a ton of new and cool stuff going on. Seems like everyone is in a production lull at the moment. No doubt due to recent natural disasters.

Still a good time to play with stuff, meet old and new friends, and connect with people at Pentax. I also had an encouraging talk with Ned, and also John Carlson, about the future and the Ricoh deal. Both feel very optimistic about things and say that Ricoh shows all the signs of being very serious about getting back into the camera market in a big way. Good news for everybody.

Cheers!
10-31-2011, 02:25 AM   #10
mel
Veteran Member

Nikon and Fuji had some hot new compacts. A lot of companies told us they were introducing new stuff at CES.
10-31-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Pentax booth and photoplus 2011

Here are some photos of the Pentax booth at photoplus- looks like there was indeed a crowd, but Nikon certainly scored big with giving away bags at the door!
Attached Images

Adam