Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
11-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #76
Veteran Member

BOSE: "We cover 67% of the audio spectrum and charge you for 95%, but we think enough of you are too dumb to tell the difference"
Tag Heuer: "A Seiko at 20X Seiko prices (we have to pay for the marketing)"
Pentax: "See beyond"

11-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Unsinkable II Quote
BOSE: "We cover 67% of the audio spectrum and charge you for 95%, but we think enough of you are too dumb to tell the difference"
Exactly, never understood the appeal (really paper cone speakers without tweeters??????)
11-01-2011, 07:48 AM   #78
Veteran Member

OK, here's a TV ad...

<<Mystical Japanese Voice>>

"Once upon a time, Pentax ruled the photographic world. More people bought Pentax SLRs than all other brands combined"

Cue images of the Beatles using Pentax, Pentax in movies, film reels of celebrities with Pentax-shooting-journalists in the background...

"Then, as technology changed, we lost our way a little. But we got better... and better... until we got... Best."

Cue an array of "BEST", "WINNER", "GOLD AWARD" accolades, etc, etc, for the K-x, K-5, 645D.

I like this because it surprises viewers with the level of past successes, but puts them into a humble perspective. It then shows current success, borne of that humility.

I'd even finish with a left-field byline such as "Better to Feel than to Touch".
11-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #79
Veteran Member

that would be an excellent Brand awareness Ad

11-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #80
Pentaxian

Do people actually want to "stand out from the crowd"? Don't think so -- unless Pentax takes a "luxury" approach and adds another couple thousand $$$ to their prices. What they offer is better bang for your buck (in which case they embrace their humble second-class status and push the value concept). Or they'd probably have better luck trying to convince you that you WILL be part of the crowd -- join the Pentax wave or some-such...
11-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #81
Veteran Member

OK, here's a TV ad...

"Once upon a time, Pentax ruled the photographic world. More people bought Pentax SLRs than all other brands combined"

Cue images of the Beatles using Pentax, Pentax in movies, film reels of celebrities with Pentax-shooting-journalists in the background...

"Then, as technology changed, we lost our way a little. But we got better... and better... until we got... Best."

Cue an array of "BEST", "WINNER", "GOLD AWARD" accolades, etc, etc, for the K-x, K-5, 645D.

I like this because it surprises viewers with the level of past successes, but puts them into a humble perspective. It then shows current success, borne of that humility.

I'd even finish with a left-field byline such as "Better to Feel than to Touch".
Yes, yes.
11-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Do people actually want to "stand out from the crowd"? Don't think so -- unless Pentax takes a "luxury" approach and adds another couple thousand $$$ to their prices. What they offer is better bang for your buck (in which case they embrace their humble second-class status and push the value concept). Or they'd probably have better luck trying to convince you that you WILL be part of the crowd -- join the Pentax wave or some-such...

Some people arrived at Pentax through history, others through research, and others through price.

ALL should be happy for each other, though the "lowest cost" proposition has the highest likelihood of harming the company that makes the photographic equipment I like best.

11-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Some people arrived at Pentax through history, others through research, and others through price.

ALL should be happy for each other, though the "lowest cost" proposition has the highest likelihood of harming the company that makes the photographic equipment I like best.
I came from all 3, but the price is essential. If you compare Pentax to Canon, you get much more with Pentax for a given dollar amount. But if I had to pay Canon-money to get those same features on a Pentax (instead of getting them for less like now), then I'd just buy the Canon, no question. And if Pentax allows their QC to be such that "yes, you're paying less, but you can count on failure" OR they find it necessary to raise prices significantly to get that QC up, then again I'll just switch to Canon.

So really, I demand more from Pentax. They've got to make stuff that is as-good or nearly-so as the Nikons and Canons, but without the price tags. (They need to be like AMD is to Intel in computer processors.) But as soon as they try to *be* Canon or Nikon (with accompanying prices) OR just start making cheap crap, then I'm gone.
11-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I tried my hand at this...

"PENTAX: Pixels Worth A Thousand Words."

"PENTAX: We ain't dead yet."

"PENTAX: Not available in stores...ANY stores."
11-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico:
PENTAX: Much sexier than the others. Shoot Pentax and get laid.
Actually it worked for you?
Actually it was shooting Olympus that worked, but we'll forget about that here, eh?

Cue shot of Mr.T holding up a Spotty: DON'T SHOOT PENTAX?!? I PITY THE FOOL!

Cue shot of Hulk Hogan with a K5 and DA*55/2.8: PENTAX!! IT AIN'T FOR WIMPS!

Cue shot of Bonzo the Chimp holding up a Q: PENTAX: NO MONKEYING AROUND!
11-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Actually it was shooting Olympus that worked, but we'll forget about that here, eh?

Cue shot of Mr.T holding up a Spotty: DON'T SHOOT PENTAX?!? I PITY THE FOOL!

Cue shot of Hulk Hogan with a K5 and DA*55/2.8: PENTAX!! IT AIN'T FOR WIMPS!

These would be a good series of ads just need to add the 645d and hopefully that soon to come FF cam.
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by CTR01 Quote
These would be a good series of ads just need to add the 645d and hopefully that soon to come FF cam.
Cue shot of Andre the Giant holding up a 645D: PENTAX: NICE AND COMPACT!
11-01-2011, 09:14 PM   #88

Cue shot of Andre the Giant holding up a 645D: PENTAX: NICE AND COMPACT!
haha yes, there it we got our first series of ads and then when the FF comes out there can be something crazy for it. Something memorable...hmmm.
11-02-2011, 08:25 AM - 2 Likes   #89
Veteran Member

OK, here's a TV ad...

I tried to make something close to what you described...

Made in After Effects
11-02-2011, 11:16 AM   #90
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

hey, how OLD are you?!