Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by steve1307 Quote
I've even had the airport guards at Cagayan de Oro (Mindanao, Philippines) pose for me with their mirrored sunglasses & shotguns. I had a p&s camera not an SLR. I wasnt game to take their picture without asking if it was OK first, but then they felt they had to pose for me which was not really what I was after. Filipinos are generally very friendly.
Same thing in Eastern Cape, South Africa.

11-01-2011, 08:51 AM   #32
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by StDevious Quote
So this happened to me this saturday when I got off a US Airwarys plane through the back door onto the tarmac. Since we we let out by the air hostess, I though it was cool to take pictures off the surroundings from where I got off, but one of the officers nearby started shouting that I couldn't take pictures and it was a federal offence. I got about 5 shots, then I left when I heard him.

EDIT: This was at Boston Logan International on a flight from Ronald Reagan DC

Federal Offence, Hysterical Which one? I guess he figured there must be one in there somewhere. I can here it now. "Put down the camera and back away. "

At our airport in Tallahassee, most of the police are actually Tallahassee PD. Most of the balance are TSA and the occasional air marshal who isn't going to give a flip about a camera.
11-13-2011, 09:12 AM   #33
Forum Member

I took some pictures of Concorde when it was parked at the United/British Airways terminal at JFK and was told by a security guard that "it wasn't allowed". I didn't argue since I already had the pix!
12-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not JUST about photo-freedom while on the ramp. I wonder if a nasty security goon might've prevented this if she'd been holdin' a camera.

Texas Model Has 'Long Road To Recovery' After Walking Into Plane Propeller | Fox News

H2

12-11-2011, 05:42 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
^ I was wondering if you'd go there. I really don't think they'd be marching passengers through a prop arc and yes, I've been there.
If OP was wandering around an active flight line, he deserved a talking to but it doesn't sound like that was the case.

AFAIK it isn't illegal to take photos of a civilian flight line. It's definitely not a "federal offense". The security guard was shouting that to keep OP moving.
12-11-2011, 08:33 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pacerr Quote
It's not JUST about photo-freedom while on the ramp. I wonder if a nasty security goon might've prevented this if she'd been holdin' a camera.

Texas Model Has 'Long Road To Recovery' After Walking Into Plane Propeller | Fox News

H2
Perhaps the security goon was going after someone with a camera......