Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2011, 02:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
15 bladed lens challenge :) Can you identify this lens and mount? (Not me!)

I have this neat lens, likely a bokeh beauty having with 15 blades but I'm at a loss to identify it and it's bayonet mount. It's a 135mm/2.8 made in Japan with the only potential name on it anywhere bring "Safari". The mount looks similar to an Exakta with the semi-circular notch but it's too small having an internal 34mm diameter and 36mm externally. The mount can be removedbut this leaves a negative beveled mount that is smooth and internally threaded (sorry no pic of this)

Can you help?

Thanks,
Tim

Attached Images

Last edited by Enigmaticca; 02-16-2013 at 06:10 AM.
12-17-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
maybe a mount for cinema or APS camera ?
12-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
maybe a mount for cinema or APS camera ?
Actually, it looks like an Exakta mount on a T2 adapter. Picture #1, top: that's the size of Exakta, and it has the Exakta index screw|pin sticking up. Just below that, the top knurled ring: see the set screw there? I'll bet there are two more like it elsewhere on that ring. That's T2 sign. Yeah, that mount looks just like a couple T2-Exakta adapters I sold awhile back. A cheap T2-PK adapter should cost well under US$10 -- I think I paid US$22 for a batch of five of them, shipped, a few months ago. Might be able to sell that T2-Exakta for US$5-10, they're not so common. And it's a 2-ring preset lens. I love presets. I have a similar T2 135/2.8 preset but with fewer blades. Good find!

Last edited by RioRico; 12-18-2011 at 02:43 AM.
12-17-2011, 10:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i remember seeing that or another similar on ebay! i passed on it because i couldn't figure out the mount and i don't really need another 135. sounds like it's workable though - sweet! do show us some pics after you get the adapter!

12-18-2011, 06:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies everyone. RioRico, I too thought Exakta so I took the lens to my favourite camera store and we tried an Exakta>EOS adapter but the mount in the lens was too small for the Exakta mount so we were at a loss. But I think you may be right regarding the T2 mount of the lens body. I've not seen one before so I have deferred to your opinion and ordered a T2 adapter.

Will let you all know how it goes
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #6

Had one of these stamped Vivitar. Rio steered you right on the T2. It's a lovely hunk of glass, but not terribly sharp.
01-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well the T2-PK adapter arrived and it has helped ... show that this is not quite a T2 lens. The adapter will only partly slide over the bare mount. It won't sit down far enough to turn in the side screws.

01-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #8

Apparently I didn't read the first post closely. A T mount is externally threaded - should look like the 5th picture down at the second link. Maybe take pictures of the bare mount on yours?

Vivitar 135mm f2.8 T mount lens
Mistery lenses collection
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=th&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-...180268&act=url