Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2012, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #1

What Pentax Should Make

This is what I wish for, who's with me??

01-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
amen.
01-12-2012, 08:31 PM   #3

Really.......why ?

I would like a Pentax reply to the Nikon D4.

Last edited by mntmike67; 01-12-2012 at 08:44 PM.
01-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mntmike67 Quote
Really.......why ?
Not to be rude but if you have to ask why then it's not what you need then...

01-12-2012, 09:46 PM - 1 Like   #5

Please don't miss-understand me, I don't mean to be rude and I would not take your reply as rude, this is a forum and that implies open conversation about many topics. I have been confused though by those who would like an EVIL or mirror-less camera. Many people may look at this as a step forward in the evolution of the camera, and I do understand the reduction in vibration and perhaps weight, but I see little advantage to the format you propose. For me to hold a camera at arms length and view a video image of what I want photograph is akin to looking at a television to see what is outside, I prefer looking out the window. I feel we have to retain a certain tactile feel to express what is real. The "Q" fills a need for those who would like a small point and shoot with the capability of interchangeable lenses, which given the sensor size, I don't see much advantage with today's optics. I believe to up-size this would , would just be that, a point and shoot capable of taking higher quality pictures. My question would then be, why not just move up to a DSLR ? Now, since I have had a few drinks and I don't want to ramble, I will not attempt to discuses full frame vrs APS C but I will say that in the not too distant future, technology will render that a mutt topic and I will no longer pine for the ff format.
01-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The only problem is that the K mount is not for mirrorless. They can do away the mirror but the body thickness will remain the same. The Fujifilm X-Pro1 is what the Pentax mirrorless should be, but will never be.
01-12-2012, 10:04 PM   #7

Original Poster
Please don't miss-understand me, I don't mean to be rude and I would not take your reply as rude, this is a forum and that implies open conversation about many topics. I have been confused though by those who would like an EVIL or mirror-less camera. Many people may look at this as a step forward in the evolution of the camera, and I do understand the reduction in vibration and perhaps weight, but I see little advantage to the format you propose. For me to hold a camera at arms length and view a video image of what I want photograph is akin to looking at a television to see what is outside, I prefer looking out the window. I feel we have to retain a certain tactile feel to express what is real. The "Q" fills a need for those who would like a small point and shoot with the capability of interchangeable lenses, which given the sensor size, I don't see much advantage with today's optics. I believe to up-size this would , would just be that, a point and shoot capable of taking higher quality pictures. My question would then be, why not just move up to a DSLR ? Now, since I have had a few drinks and I don't want to ramble, I will not attempt to discuses full frame vrs APS C but I will say that in the not too distant future, technology will render that a mutt topic and I will no longer pine for the ff format.
I would have probably opened up to your conversation but I wasn't sure what exactly you were asking, you went from blunt question to writing a book for a reply haha and the point you made of having a point and shoot that takes higher quality pictures is pretty much why I would want such a camera. I already have a DSLR and for me photography is a hobby and it's kind of over kill to lug around a large body to snap portraits and such. Oh and since I just shopped a photo of the Q it doesnt have a view finder and I would only want such a camera if it had a OVF.

QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
The only problem is that the K mount is not for mirrorless. They can do away the mirror but the body thickness will remain the same. The Fujifilm X-Pro1 is what the Pentax mirrorless should be, but will never be.
Sadly I must admit you are probably right about the K-mount not working with a mirrorless compact...maybe the Fuji X-Pro1 will need to be the next camera if Pentax will never produce such
01-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Forget mirrorless APS-C , Pentax needs to pull their finger out and step up and make a FF DSLR.

01-12-2012, 10:09 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Forget mirrorless APS-C , Pentax needs to pull their finger out and step up and make a FF DSLR.
I think they need both!
01-12-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I agree. Door is slamming shut on making your mark with mirrorless aps-c.
01-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #11
Banned

For me to hold a camera at arms length and view a video image of what I want photograph is akin to looking at a television to see what is outside, I prefer looking out the window.
Yes, but you don't press your eye and nose against the window when you look out, do you? And I hope your windows are not really that tiny either.

I feel we have to retain a certain tactile feel to express what is real.
I guess that flattening our noses against an LCD panel can maintain that necessary link to reality.
01-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I agree. Door is slamming shut on making your mark with mirrorless aps-c.
While I don't mind it going MILC FF or DSLR FF, I think another thread has already shown that many are divided (at at each other's necks) on Pentax even going MILC of any sort.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/170697-trey-...lr-camera.html
01-17-2012, 12:43 AM   #13
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
While I don't mind it going MILC FF or DSLR FF, I think another thread has already shown that many are divided (at at each other's necks) on Pentax even going MILC of any sort.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/170697-trey-...lr-camera.html
No, the argument disputed in the other thread was the prediction that the DSLRs will gradually disappear from the market. I don't remember anyone being against "Pentax even going MILC of any sort". Besides, they already did with the Q and they seem to plan to be doing it again this year. I didn't see any negative reactions to this piece of news:

"2012 is going to be a very exciting year, and [news about a new mirrorless camera] is already out there, although we can't go into details. Also we will be looking to grow strongly in the Digital SLR market." Source
01-17-2012, 01:41 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
No, the argument disputed in the other thread was the prediction that the DSLRs will gradually disappear from the market. I don't remember anyone being against "Pentax even going MILC of any sort". Besides, they already did with the Q and they seem to plan to be doing it again this year. I didn't see any negative reactions to this piece of news:

"2012 is going to be a very exciting year, and [news about a new mirrorless camera] is already out there, although we can't go into details. Also we will be looking to grow strongly in the Digital SLR market." Source
Great to see you still maintain objectivity and enthusiasm after those exchanges at the other thread.
Yes, I do hope that MILC materializes this year.