Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Issues with Pentax Photo Gallery (PPG)

Is it just me or the pentax photo gallery (PPG) is a pain to navigate? The previous version, while not the greatest, was much simpler and easier. And now, with the new redesign, is almost a confusing maze of a site.

- The info page for a specific picture brings up jumbled layout of camera info, shot info, and sometimes comments.

- There is no intuitive way to "close" a picture and go back to the search results. There is a "x" and a "Gallery Overview" - which seem to do the same - why two, when you can have one?

- The scrolling on photo info doesn't seem to work.

- The comments are hard to get to

Again, not sure if I am the only one with issues - since I have not seen others comment on such. But it almost feels like the new redesign is counterintuitive, and in many cases, leaves a less-tech-savvy person confused.

01-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have no issues with PPG at all. The X and Gallery Overview do not do the same thing at all. The X takes you back to the Carousel view, and Gallery Overview takes you back to the Gallery. From the Info screen you can also go to the Artist Gallery if you were browsing in a different Gallery.

What browser are you using? It all works fine for me in Safari 5, Firefox whatever (what number are they up to this week?), and Internet Exploder 8.
01-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
The layout was weird with IE8, and with IE9 it is much better - yet, the comments box is so unintuitive to use (took me 5 mins just to enter the cursor into the comments box). Perhaps they did not test it with many browsers. PPG - please take notice.
01-19-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thread moved to Gen Photo & Industry

Mike
PF Moderation Team