Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #16
Pentaxian

I've ordered from KEH a few times over the past few years, although their website is maddening to me. Often, clicking a link does nothing, or the page takes 30 seconds to load, or something times out and it takes you back to the start. I really hope they're aware of the issue, that it isn't just me, and they're working to fix it. It's been going on for me for a while. Am I the only one that has these issues?

02-02-2012, 08:09 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brofkand Quote
Am I the only one that has these issues?
No, I use to experience this as well. But not as much recently,I guess they might have worked out some of the kinks.
02-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I've ordered from KEH a few times over the past few years, although their website is maddening to me. Often, clicking a link does nothing, or the page takes 30 seconds to load, or something times out and it takes you back to the start. I really hope they're aware of the issue, that it isn't just me, and they're working to fix it. It's been going on for me for a while. Am I the only one that has these issues?
Their website is a bit flakey, although it was actually worse a couple years ago.
02-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
So did one of you just buy the K30/2.8 they added recently? If so, thanks, because my resistance was breaking down.
It wasn't me, all-tho I did just receive another item I bought from them.

02-02-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Am I the only one that has these issues?
Learning to make their website work is part of the shopping experience - kind of a rite of passage. And yes, it was . . . . more challenging in the recent past.

Last week I actually got a pop-up "Feedback Form" on the website experience after I ordered. I pretty much said what I just wrote.
02-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Buy from KEH with confidence.
02-02-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Good place to buy from. The only issue is the shipping costs if you do not live in the Contiguous US.

Phil.
Fixed it for you.

I live in the US but there is still an issue with shipping from KEH. $55 shipping for a $10 lens hood and that was the cheapest option they had.

02-02-2012, 10:23 PM   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RollsUp Quote
Fixed it for you.

I live in the US but there is still an issue with shipping from KEH. $55 shipping for a $10 lens hood and that was the cheapest option they had.

Ouch!!! See below.

QuoteOriginally posted by mtansley Quote
Sometimes they are rather slow to answer emails and you have to let them know if you DON'T want a courier to ship to Canada for a small inexpensive item. (They tend to assume everything by courier rather then by post).

However, I have found them a completely reliable company, goods are well packed and I would certainly purchase from them again with no hesitation.
I recently wanted to order three lens caps from KEH, the online checkout cheapest shipping was $51.95! Yes $51.95 to ship three lens caps to Canada, which weigh almost zero. Called them and got regular USPS for $13.00, which is still high but way better than the online amount.

Phil.
02-02-2012, 11:02 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ouch!!! See below.

I recently wanted to order three lens caps from KEH, the online checkout cheapest shipping was $51.95! Yes $51.95 to ship three lens caps to Canada, which weigh almost zero. Called them and got regular USPS for $13.00, which is still high but way better than the online amount.

Phil.
It costs $11.95 to mail 2 lens caps from Atlanta to St. Louis. I always make it a point to buy hoods and lens caps when I buy a lens whether I need them or not. I know I'll need them eventually.

And Phil, will you kindly cease sucking up all the all-black 52's and K/M rears?

Last edited by monochrome; 02-04-2012 at 09:13 AM.
02-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #25
Ric
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks

Thanks everyone looks like completely overwhelming support. I will check them out since they have the lens I am looking for.
02-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Ouch!!! See below.
Phil.
Yes, I've found that as well. In the past I have avoided their on-line ordering and sent an email detailing the products I want and to quote for shipping the cheapest way. Their online shipping system seems to be rather obsessed with probably the fastest way of shipping, not the inexpensive way.

Still, they always do come through with a more inexpensive quote and the product is always well packed and of better quality than they describe.
02-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #27
Inactive Account

I bought my used (2nd) K10 from them. I was very happy with the price and condition of the camera.
02-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #28
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I've found their BGN grade to be always be optically excellent & priced comfortably for my pocketbook!

This is based on around 1/2 dozen lens purchases from them.