Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh market value

I am always looking for an investment. With little money of course. Do you think Ricoh will pull this off? Or do you think it is good value for the money now?
Looking at the market data, Ricoh is at a historical low. Even lower than the crash a few years ago.
Also the layoff's and early retirement incentives have had time to factor in.
Stock market is at about 600 yen/share.
What do you guru's say about the future? Now would be a prime time for buying if you are a gambling man. Or gal. I think.

02-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't think that Pentax will ever become their primary source of income, but if their goal is to get them up there, I'm sure they'll succeed.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I have set up some trends on them and am researching some. The stock price is very attractive now. They have had some hard time in the printer and imaging dept. If I read the reports correctly they are trying to break away. The more I read the more I see Pentax as being a division that they hope will help them to achieve this goal. Also if? I see them investing heavily in lens development I may be in there corner. This is Driving down the dividends and lowering the stock prices. At one time a few years ago they were at 1200yen/share.. but they haven't seen the growth that most have since the crash. Interesting for me to watch only. Just a thought.

Last edited by garyk; 02-05-2012 at 12:54 AM.
02-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IMO, if you don't have a lot of money, invest in a market segment mutual fund or spider. Speculating on an individual stock is risky in the short term, no matter what stock you choose.

If you think that the company is on a growth track, then go for it, even if it's not paying dividends now. If it ends up growing, you'll make up what you might have gotten in dividends in stock price when you sell.

02-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi alohadave, Yes I agree. I already am invested in fund market and it is yielding me 6-7% dividends. This is just a hobby with a small amount of extra money. interesting to watch. and participate in sometimes.