Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2012, 05:34 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,288
Dyson would make a great camera designer !

I was watching a show on TV called "Daily Planet" and part of it featured the now famous "Dyson" vacuum cleaners.

Dyson vacuum cleaners, fans, heaters, official site | Dyson.co.uk

But that just doesn't stop with vacuum cleaners ... there are also:

fans and heaters,
hand dryers,
fans and hot fans

Those are all very common daily items used all over but you just look at the "design with a purpose" and quickly realize that this company could turn ordinary, bland and uninteresting objects into high-design and completely innovative products.

Just amazing design/engineering for such usually boring products.

Now, if this guy could do that, why don't we ask him (the company) to design a FF mirrorless camera?
(Of course, with the insides built by the reputable Ricoh-Pentax engineers).

I was also very impressed with the way the company is run, another innovative aspect of business.

I am not pushing the Dyson products ... just thought that this was a very interesting way of "making and doing" business.

JP


Last edited by jpzk; 02-14-2012 at 05:51 PM.
02-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,736
It mainly hype and empty promesse
02-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,891
He would make a camera that doesn't lose suction.
02-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 3,360
Look at Dyson's prices. I don't want to spend double for a K-5 inside a new housing design.

02-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
It'd be made out of plastic for sure!

Seriously though, dyson vacuums are the best thing around... Those of us who have them, like 'em. They just work so well...
02-14-2012, 06:22 PM   #6
Pentaxian
jimH's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: South Central Nebraska - USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,422
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I was watching a show on TV called "Daily Planet" and part of it featured the now famous "Dyson" vacuum cleaners.

Dyson vacuum cleaners, fans, heaters, official site | Dyson.co.uk

But that just doesn't stop with vacuum cleaners ... there are also:

fans and heaters,
hand dryers,
fans and hot fans

Those are all very common daily items used all over but you just look at the "design with a purpose" and quickly realize that this company could turn ordinary, bland and uninteresting objects into high-design and completely innovative products.

Just amazing design/engineering for such usually boring products.

Now, if this guy could do that, why don't we ask him (the company) to design a FF mirrorless camera?
(Of course, with the insides built by the reputable Ricoh-Pentax engineers).

I was also very impressed with the way the company is run, another innovative aspect of business.

I am not pushing the Dyson products ... just thought that this was a very interesting way of "making and doing" business.

JP
We have a Dyson, and it's worth every penny we spent on it. Clearly a good design.
02-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,288
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
It mainly hype and empty promesse
What is ?

JP
02-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,288
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
He would make a camera that doesn't lose suction.
Yep, and probably wouldn't allow dust in either!

JP

02-14-2012, 06:33 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,288
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Look at Dyson's prices. I don't want to spend double for a K-5 inside a new housing design.
Dyson's prices are high ... so would a FF mirrorless camera ... I think.

JP
02-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,288
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
We have a Dyson, and it's worth every penny we spent on it. Clearly a good design.
Apart from the "outer shell" design, don't you find that the "insides" design is as good?
That's why I posted the thread: just to show that great design inside-out is always possible.

JP
02-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,288
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ubuntu_user Quote
It'd be made out of plastic for sure!

Seriously though, dyson vacuums are the best thing around... Those of us who have them, like 'em. They just work so well...
They work well and have great design ... the whole point of this thread, although not all that serious.

JP
02-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #12
Pentaxian
Bob from Aus's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,086
They suck
02-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 3,360
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
They suck
I'm surprised it took 12 posts to get there.
02-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #14
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,736
You should go and check Consumer Report rating . The Dyson are the worst in Canister and not trhe best in Upright. The best are costing 3 time less than the Dyson
Thant what I call hype. Should I say better marketing
02-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #15
Inactive Account




Join Date: Mar 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,545
QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
They suck
You probably wouldn't like their camera either...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
business, camera, cleaners, company, dyson, fans, photo industry, photography, products, vacuum
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meet the K-01 designer.... (video interview) JohnBee Pentax K-01 22 02-14-2012 10:46 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax K7 great camera! gate1948 Sold Items 4 11-01-2011 04:56 AM
Pentax should make a fixed lens APS-C camera! RonHendriks1966 Pentax DSLR Discussion 7 07-28-2011 11:17 AM
Do They Still Make Camera Cases to Hang on Your Neck? VelvetFoot Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 10 12-08-2010 02:10 PM
The cheapest way for Pentax to make FF camera ogl Pentax News and Rumors 76 10-06-2010 01:15 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:04 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top