Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Photography Marketing Speak....

Well at least Pentax was not cited with their Marketing speak...

..... Just remembered that Pentax doesn't have a Marketing Department to speak of.....

02-20-2012, 02:53 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I nearly wet my self when I read this one

"Sigma 300-800: ”A perfect lens for surveillance use, its stealth black finish is unobtrusive and easily concealed.”
OK, let me get this straight: the lens weighs 13 pounds, is nearly 3 feet long with the hood mounted, and has a front element the size of a dinner plate. But by painting it black, it’s now “ unobtrusive and easily concealed”. If you mount it as a gun on a battleship, maybe."
02-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Perhaps the same would work if the upcoming Pentax DA560 was painted in black, too

QuoteQuote:
Sony Sony SAL 30mm f/2.8: “While most Macro lenses are not image stabilized, this one is, because Sony builds SteadyShot® INSIDE image stabilization into every ‘A’ camera body.”
An Image Stabilization within an image stabilization.... curse Nolan for bringing us "Inception" =))
yes, we can go deeper!

Last edited by Alizarine; 02-22-2012 at 07:33 PM.
02-25-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdparker Quote
I nearly wet my self when I read this one

"Sigma 300-800: ”A perfect lens for surveillance use, its stealth black finish is unobtrusive and easily concealed.”
OK, let me get this straight: the lens weighs 13 pounds, is nearly 3 feet long with the hood mounted, and has a front element the size of a dinner plate. But by painting it black, it’s now “ unobtrusive and easily concealed”. If you mount it as a gun on a battleship, maybe."
Now that's funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are!