Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Okay here's a chance to make a difference at Pentax

For those who have been saying Pentax just isn't doing it right...well can you do the job?

Haters need not apply

http://c758710.r10.cf2.rackcdn.com/files/careers/PRandTradeShows.pdf

02-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I can imagine any vivid Pentax fan working in that position would be depressed within a few years of frustration. It is best left to the pro who has no love for Pentax.
02-23-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wlachan Quote
I can imagine any vivid Pentax fan working in that position would be depressed within a few years of frustration. It is best left to the pro who has no love for Pentax.
from all the discussions, you'd think there's quite a few LOL
02-23-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If I could do it for a year... that would be soo much fun!

Here's to hoping that they get someone really aggressive (in a good way) in there!

02-25-2012, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Why do people say "haters"? More blunt - Clicker, why did you say "haters"? Huh?

Some people seem to have a fundamental problem with criticism and turn it into hate on the part of the critic. That says more about the labeler than the labeled in my experience. It's fine to sit in Canada and be snide about us in the US that have to live with Pentax USA. You can order parts and Pentax Canada actually has most in stock and knows what the bloody h$&& you are asking for (e.g., a diopter part) while Pentax USA sales doesn't even know what the part is and can't find a reference for it even when you cite the page in the manual you are looking at. Pentax Canada actually markets the newest items from Pentax Japan, the K-01 is STILL not featured on the USA site.

It's easy to be on the outside and be snide and condescending about people's criticisms of Pentax USA. Try living with it and then offer your comments.
02-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A little harsh but I'd have to second that, I tried ordering focusing screen shims straight from Pentax US (no dealers anywhere nearby) and was required to leave a message, that was a week ago, I'll be calling back tomorrow and hoping the "parts department" (which seems nonexistant in the US) can get something on the way.

I called what was listed as the only "dealer" in the state and they don't actually stock Pentax. I hope Ricoh has been training with the corporate equivalent of the stair master because they are starting from the bottom here and its all uphill.

People in the US do have a tendency to consider themselves the world when they are only one small piece, but it is a tad odd that Hoya did such a half assed job here considering the buying power in the country, its not even really a viable mail order brand here most of the time in my opinion.

Just the fact that the job posting is up there I think clearly shows that Ricoh is going to be getting the brand out there and apparently rebuilding the dealer network.

UPDATE: I called Pentax USA parts and this time got right through to the one lady that seems to be the entire parts department and she knew off the top of her head what was available for the focusing screen shims and the prices and shipping (admittedly a rather common part). Ordered a complete set from A to G or H or something for .79 each with $8 shipping. So I am satisfied with the current situation. No idea why they never called back, so don't bother leaving a message, just wait till you talk to her direct.

Last edited by PPPPPP42; 02-27-2012 at 12:02 PM.
02-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think it is shocking, since JCPentax is a member here, that there wasn't a post made pointing to the job opening. I think Pentax USA is just plain and totally beighted, like it is two guys working out of their homes and a leased, overworked secretary sitting in a cubby in a "shared-support" office in an industrial park in some nameless suburb.

Oh, Wait.

02-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Why do people say "haters"? More blunt - Clicker, why did you say "haters"? Huh?

Some people seem to have a fundamental problem with criticism and turn it into hate on the part of the critic. That says more about the labeler than the labeled in my experience. It's fine to sit in Canada and be snide about us in the US that have to live with Pentax USA. You can order parts and Pentax Canada actually has most in stock and knows what the bloody h$&& you are asking for (e.g., a diopter part) while Pentax USA sales doesn't even know what the part is and can't find a reference for it even when you cite the page in the manual you are looking at. Pentax Canada actually markets the newest items from Pentax Japan, the K-01 is STILL not featured on the USA site.

It's easy to be on the outside and be snide and condescending about people's criticisms of Pentax USA. Try living with it and then offer your comments.

I posted a job opportunity

As of today if this makes you happy as you seem to have a personal agenda with me for posting a job offer, i will stop posting...this is my last post. I hope your troubles with Pentax improves, i will just lurk you can have the last words.

good bye

Last edited by Clicker; 02-27-2012 at 06:50 AM.
02-27-2012, 10:09 AM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
Mental and Emotional Fitness Part 9 - Recongnizing Irrational Thinking - YouTube

I posted a job opportunity

As of today if this makes you happy as you seem to have a personal agenda with me for posting a job offer, i will stop posting...this is my last post. I hope your troubles with Pentax improves, i will just lurk you can have the last words.

good bye
Good bye! I notice that you completely bypassed Docrwm's basic question that he directed at you, and claimed (spuriously) that you were merely posting a job opportunity.

But, btw, you didn't "just" post a job opportunity. You also threw in some implications regarding the character of those of us who have been critical of Pentax's marketing efforts. (Well, can you do the job?) And that furthermore those critics were "haters"-- who "need not apply."

It's called talking out of both sides of your mouth. And it's sad that you either don't recognize or are deliberately ignoring the fact that you are doing it.